Yikes! This is a totally Awesome looking build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run at 500ghz wasn't liquid nitrogen, that wasn't cold enough. They used Liquid Helium which is 8 degrees above absolute 0.

All credit, though: Most of the ebay $5k+ machines are rubbish (and say things like 4GHz quad = 16Ghz machine!!!!!!!! wooo! yay!), although this one is made of quality (if a little bit ostentatious) components, and you get the feeling the builder(s) know what they are doing.

Ok, Considering the world record score is just over 5k points above this means this would be one of the fastest computers out there.

The difference can be contributed to having both the cpu and gpu's cooled with liquid nitrogen and the chipset cooled by phase change. That difference alone can make up that point difference.

Also, that is the fugliest system I think I have ever seen. Pink liquid cooling, koolance parts, all just a bunch of crud...

the current world reccord is 32k and the cpu is nitrogen cooled the gpus are so far air cooled and whernt over clocked far that is why i think 28k seems more befiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom