vid card
eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256MB PCI Express x16
case
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 ATX Mid Tower
optical
NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner
hd
Western Digital Caviar 80GB 7200RPM Serial ATA150

I need help choosing a power supply that can support my system with room. Because upgrades will come and I also plan to overclock my proccessor or try to and if theres better processor for oc.

I also need help with choosing RAM. I want 2x1GB dual channel ram that has great performance. I just dont really know which ones are good or not.

Also im not so sure if I should change my harddrive around to something better. Also if you have any suggestions on other parts it is welcomed. such as better system for barely any more money or same for cheaper.

I plan to game I play quake 4 quite a bit, and I also will eventually when I find time get back into graphics and web design and the normal everyday things a user does with their cpu

Those both are good suggestions but the prices I would like to trim down a little. If any one else can find substitutions or other ideas with a bit better pricing Id appreciate it.

I bought some of the g. skill that Weringo posted. 2gb for less than $200 is awesome for RAM like that.

I was going to suggest this power supply but it is even more expensive. You dont really want to skimp out on the power supply because it is crucial to having system stability.

If you plan on OCing the cpu, check out the Opteron series. I bought the opteron 148 venus If your lucky and get the right stepping, some people are overclocking these to extreme speeds.

No no do not get the 3700+ san diego version for overclocking. I was going to get it to but i looked at some reviews and some other forums and they had a test with a 3200+ venice and a 3700+ san diego to see what diffence the 1mb l2 cache had. But in heavy overclocking the 1mb l2 cache only made the san diego run around 20-30 degrees celcius more which is a **** of a lot.
So if you are going to overclock go with the 3500+ venice like i did because you can have it running faster then the 3700+ san diego while being much more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom