Yet another graphics card post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
Of course, I read these post all of the time here but the oppurtunity has finally arisen for me to buy a new video card. I currently have $370 to invest in a video card (which will buy an ASUS or Sapphire x1900xt 512mb from newegg)(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102003 &
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121554).

My question is...
should I wait and save for another month or two (considering I have other expences...don't we all) and grab the x1900xtx from Sapphire (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102671)?

All opinions are appreciated, including experiences, alternatives, just no flaming nVidia or ATI (which is totally unhelpful).

Thanks for the help,

::-Chase-::

I would wait a few months for the DX10 compliant cards to come out. By then, you should have enough for the 8800GTX from nVidia.

G80 -- September
R600 -- November

When are the Dx10 compatible cards supposed to come out? Right now I am stuck with a 6600gt which does great in CS:S, GW, Quake, and things like that but I would like to be able to play F.E.A.R. and Oblivion maxed out...guess I am just a little anxious...

::-Chase-::

I posted the expected release windows for the DX10 cards. nVidia should have them ready in September and ATI should have them in November.

Spartan666 said:
I would wait a few months for the DX10 compliant cards to come out. By then, you should have enough for the 8800GTX from nVidia.

G80 -- September
R600 -- November

No offense to you but I hear this comment all the time, its on every thread that people asking for info on buying components.
I wouldnt wait I would buy what I could afford now, I mean where do you stop the waiting? They come out with new stuff every week it seems. What you could do is wait for the DX10 OR maybe wait just another week for the next latest and greatest release. You see you will never buy anything that way ;) just my thoughts.

I only said that because DX10 will become the new standard after the cards are released in a few months, so you wouldn't want to waste $400 on a top-of-the-line card now only to find useless in a year.

Yea seriously don't wait for DX10. What will you do if they don't even release the cards till like December? I mean seriously we thought DX10 cards were coming out in like June. Poor people that waited a few months for DX10 to come out in June and do you see any DX10 cards out?

Besides by the time DX10 cards come out there will already be some better cards out then the first generation of DX10 cards. IF I were you I'd go with the x1900xt right now. The x1900xtx isn't worth the money.

djray77 said:
Yea but most systems are out of date anyway in 1 year, right? lol!

No, most mid-range systems last users a few years. Only extremely high-end machines, where people demand to have the latest components, are out of date in a year.

:rolleyes:

Wow, good discussion and I am loving the opinons. NeedAcpu, so you say that the x1900xtx ISN'T worth the extra money. Why is that? Not that I am doubting, I just want some hard facts so I will know what is kosher and stuff. Thanks for the help to you all again,

::-Chase-:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom