Yes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Hol **** guys. I dont know if you remember but I had an issue last summer where my dad trashed my pc. Well after that I put together some money and he gave me enough to fixed it up and such and got it back together. Problem was my mom thought my dad wasnt fit to take care of me so I didnt see him for weeks. When I got back the computer was no where to be found and I didnt want to ask. Well today I was going through the attic getting the good old ac's out when bam, I see my old system sitting there covered in dust. So I brought it down and asked my dad what happened. He told me that after I left he really had no purpose for it so put it in attic. So now your wondering whats in it well, it is a amd 3200, 1gb ocz ram, dual 6800gt's, and a dfi sli mobo. It is the **** or it was and still somewhat is! So I was wondering should I upgrade it, sell it, or keep as second machine. Overall it is a good system with a blue radmaxx case like alienware, zalman cooler and 2 or 3 120mm fans. Overall it was high quality, speed, and cooling. Man am I glad. Makes me wish I didnt spent $250 rebuilding old pc. (p4 oc to 3.06ghz 1gb ram, x800 with 16 unlocked pipes at 425/1000).

SELL IT!

On ebay be like:

AMD 3200+ 1 GB OCZ HIGH PERFORMANCE RAM, 6800 GT SLI! WOW!

and then get a conroe, 975X chipset motherboard, some PC8500 Ram and your good to go:D

I would keep that system and sell your Intel. Overall, the AMD system you have (as long as it wasn't totally destroyed) is going to perform better than your Intel (and no, not just because it is an AMD).

What exactly wrong with it now?

I have been contemplating about conroe and hey if it is the "pwnzor" I will get it along with w/e anyone recommends. g80, conroe and high speed ram. smooooooth until *BAM* Herpies, nah stupid DDR2 RAM LATENCY!!!!! lol j/k but idk. I am concidered a "noob" on this site.

Keep it and hold daily LAN parties at your house. :p

Are you happy with your current computer? If not, i would say just keep the comp you found. It really depends what you want though, all your choice.

As far as I know nothing except dusty, its everywhere and my temps are high but after I cleaned it out (took everything out, cleaned it, reseated cpu with new paste, same with video cards, and put it all back) temps were low. Origonally it got launched and everything was bad except 1 or 2 hds 1 video card and ram. Some bulky items were ok. The system seems to be mint with a custom install and tweakedge of xp pro on it. Was getting sweet fps on cs:s maxed out.

I love my computers. I currently have a 790gt 2gb ram and a opty 165. I had been building and selling computers to friends but nobody nibbled on this sys which i was selling for $1500 so I use it along with the p4 and my newly found pc. All work great and are mint. I get decent fps with my p4 ati combo but the other two sys get good fps. The only thing I dont like is my ati card. Its a x800 gto agp. I unlocked the bios to a x800 gto with 16 pipes and oc to 425/500 like 6800gs only its a little better than a 6800gt. The cpu made it from 2.8ghz to 3.06ghz with memtest86 and prime 95 stable for couple hours. I am pretty lucky but I paid for all this crap man so no one better touch it.

Also I had some friends come over today to game a little. Friend brought his p4 2.6ghz 6800gs 1.75gb ram : another 7800gt 1gb ram amd 3200. I was playing on19 inch lcd. Friend on dads 19". Another on 32" lcd tv and another on a 17" crt. Good gaming in all. Sorry for miss spells and such just tired and getting last posts in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom