Yay for EVGA RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually....the 9800gtx+ did come in 65nm when it first started releasing if i recall.

I thought the only difference between the vanilla 9800gtx and the + varient was that the + varient was 55nm? Are there other differences?

*update* I called EVGA and asked them about the core clock discrepancy and I was told the 9 series card actually underclocks itself while in 2d mode. I have yet a chance to test this, but i'll take his word for it for now

I thought the only difference between the vanilla 9800gtx and the + varient was that the + varient was 55nm? Are there other differences?

*update* I called EVGA and asked them about the core clock discrepancy and I was told the 9 series card actually underclocks itself while in 2d mode. I have yet a chance to test this, but i'll take his word for it for now

Yes it will underclock itself in 2d mode. But i'm fairly certain that there were some rebadged 65nm cards when the + launched.

Yes it will underclock itself in 2d mode. But i'm fairly certain that there were some rebadged 65nm cards when the + launched.

hmmm this is unfortunate for me, last night I tested it ( played farcry 2 ) and monitored rivatuner and it stayed at a constant 675 mhz core clock no matter what which means it wasn't underclocking itself like the EVGA rep told me. Strangely enough rivatuner monitors was reporting the fan speed at 100% at all times but this was incorrect because it was set on autocontrol and I could see the % changing only in the setup menu of the fan control.

As far as my temps its pretty hot in so-cali right now strangely enough so it was at 62 idle and 73-76 load with the fan set on autocontrol. Some of you may think thats hot, but thats at least 10-15 celcius cooler then my 8800 gtx!

Still...I'm sad about the whole 675 mhz core clock issue and I'm still on my quest to find out wether or not its a + varient or not, ( because if it is is a + varient then it should have been at 738 mhz or 750 mhz ). Maybe the card was flashed previous or something...anyone got any suggestions? EVGA seems to be confused themselves on how to check.

Its not hard, if you want a higher core clock just install rivatuner and raise the core clock.

Takes just a few seconds, along with a quick burn in test.

dude do what nagasama said check through riva tuner and look and see if it's a 55nm or a 65nm.

actually he said use GPU Z and I took his advice and it says this:

so it says 65 nm and is running at 675 mhz and this doesn't change during games...hmmmm so I guess this officially means I have a 9800 GTX non + varient despite the fact a big + is written on the card and the documentation says its a 9800 GTX +

Its not hard, if you want a higher core clock just install rivatuner and raise the core clock.

Takes just a few seconds, along with a quick burn in test.

I have rivatuner, it wasn't a question of wether or not I want it at 750 mhz but more so a question of why it wasn't set at 750 mhz like it was supposed to be and the so far conclusion to that question is because its not a + varient at all. Also what would you recommend for a quick burn in test besides ATI tool? ( which seems outdated heavily with the new drivers ) Furmark maybe? Oh and I have to factor in I don't have as much OCing room since its a 65nm chip.

At least you upgraded. ;] there must have been a fault with an upgrade.

yeah don't get me wrong I'm thankful...but shouldn't it be a bit weird that its not a + despite it says its a + on both the card and the documentation? I wonder how common this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom