XPS vs mALX

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodisniper

Baseband Member
as far as gaming goes which do you think would be the better notebook the alienware mALX SLI or the dell XPS?

I would go with the Alienware, since it utilizes AMD turion technology over the intel centrino. However I do bet that the INtel based dell one gets better batery life.

alienware mALX SLI: http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/aurora_mALX/aurora-m_overview.aspx
I would configure this up to 2 GB but otherwise this would stay the same.

Dell XPS:
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=M1710G4&s=dhs
again, I would configure it to 2 GB but otherwise leave it the way it is.

I think that paying the extra for mALX is worth it for the AMD Turion and the dual Nvidia 7900 GTX's. But, I thought i better get some other opinions before I go throwing thousands of dollars around.

I would also go for the Alienware because of the use of AMD and SLI. Why are you getting a laptop for gaming instead of a desktop if I may ask..?

laptops can hold more mp3s than an Ipod, play better movies that portable DVD players, and play MUCH cooler games than a PSP.

plus I figured that if i got a wireless mouse than there would be no difference between a desktop and my laptop aside from a smaller memory and the option of travel. and the computer teacher lets us use laptops in school and lets us use the schools high speed connection so I could be playing battlefield 2 online when shes not looking;).

but if there is a bigger advantage to desktops that I am missing then please inform me because I dont want to be missing out on something here.

the thing the would be the deciding factor is the video card, and i dont see any laptops with top of the line video cards.

the mALX uses the same video card as the best ALX alienware desktops use,, nvidia GeForce go 7900 GTX, and they are SLI enabled as well.

The only difference is the desktop has 512 MB video cards and the laptops have 256 MB video cards.

Well desktops are much easier to upgrade. Laptops are ALMOST un-upgradable. I would recommend getting a desktop so you can upgrade in the future, but if you're set on a laptop, by all means get it..

you were right toxicity, i just configured a competely baddas* desktop for about $500 less than the laptop.

I guess I only wanted the laptop to bring everywhere I go and show it off. but ill just order the alienware polo and they'll all know whats up:cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom