XP Transfer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
Just got my CPU up and running, but XP isn't letting me activate Windows. I had no problems transfering onto my old computer, now it's saying i've exceeded the number of cpu's or whatever. I didn't use the same installation disk as last time, but I used my own product key...does each installation disk only work with a certain product key?

I think you gotta call up Microsoft and tell them what you did so that way you can activate it. I think yo uprolly have a version of windows where you can only activate one computer at a time.

yeah i activated my Win Xp home ED over the phone to MS about 20-30 times... then i discovered Win XP Pro Corp Edition.

XP will recognize that you have changed pc's and will require you to call MS and get a new key.

I believe they even do that if you try to reload XP the same pc but if you changed some of the hardware.

Yea I ended up having to call MS, everything worked out well...now my computer is all set and i'm happy :) Time to overclock and get a decent monitor.

Warez Monster said:
it can activate 3 times, anymore you need to call ms or find anew key somewhere
I was starting to think I never would need to do a phone call but I did after 9 times not three. Do certian keys have different limates to how much they can be activated

OEM/Vendor
Standard
MSDN
Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom