XP not starting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Ok so I just reset my cmos bcuase my beep codes were telling me to...or so I thought...I eventually found out in my previous thread that My ram wasent "clicked" in and so it did start and work :)....Ok so I start it up and it tells me my machine info bla blah blah and Ipress F1 to continue..so It asks me to go into either the variouse safe modes, run XP normally, or do it from last known settings. I click Run XP normaly and then the windows sign comes up on my moniter with the bar loading but all of the suden it just stops like it froze or somthing.. The little orange light that blinks when somthing is loading or w/e is completly off and the screen is frozen at the XP loading screen....so I left it there for about 30 mins come back, same thing....and I tried all the other settings...safe mode is just a black screen forever and run xp from last known settings is the same thing as rgular xp.

So my question is whats wrong...Iv checked evreything in my pc and I honestly dont know whats wrong with my computer....ugh...thanks for anyones help....

_--------------Patrick---------------_

2 things:

First of all...
If you cleared your CMOS, chances are that the Boot Sequence has changed back to default. Which would be anything but, "Boot First from HDD"... SO check that. first.

Second of all...
You don't need windows to install windows. You can install windows though it's DOS prompt setup...or windows recovery console.

heh that would be odd, to uninstall Windows from Windows. I don't think you can really "uninstall" it; usually you just give your hard drive a good formatting. But like Havoc said, check your boot sequence first.

slow down first try and see your boot order which would be kinda like this : HDD
CD-rom
and some other stuff
My point is that the HDD should be at the top of the boot order.
IF that is the way it should be than its problay corrupt windows files.
DO you have a windows XP disc.If you do put it in the disc tray as soon as you press the power button and it should boot up windows xp install.Okay its step by step explanantion.But somewhere when you chose the disc to put windows on it will ask you if you want reformat before installing windows just do that and you should be good to go.

You do know that Reformatting will erase all of you files on that HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom