XP on MACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnl83

Baseband Member
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Im wondering what kind of power we are going to get out of these. XP on a Mac...

Man I may be able to do some serious work on a laptop after this. I currently cannot use a laptop to do my work because a laptop simply cannot handle the type of graphics I do. What is everyones thoughts ont this?

so ummm whats the point of an apple now? Intel chip and XP, now its an over priced PC with a fruit on the side of it.

King X13 said:
so ummm whats the point of an apple now? Intel chip and XP, now its an over priced PC with a fruit on the side of it.

lol that made me laugh.
But for a pc you need a tower and monitor and a mac is just basically a monitor. I read that it can perform just as well as a pc in games with the same hardware.

It lets a Mac do everything that a PC could do. And this, while retaining the things that make it a Mac. Just not at the same time.

But here's a personal case. My friend wants to get a MacBook for College over a Laptop. Doing this isolates him from a lot of features that are avaliable only on Windows. With Boot Camp, he can choose whether he wants to work on the Mac (its a fun thing), or whether he needs to do something thats Windows-Specific. Its like having a Laptop and Mac, all in one. Obviously that going to be a bit more expensive, but its a bargain when compared to the value of Macs before Boot Camp.

Yes, and bootcamp also gives the macs the chance to be more involved in games on their macs thanks to windows.

So, you can have a computer great for doing movies, graphics work, etc. Reboot with windows and play some games.

Mentali$T said:
lol that made me laugh.
But for a pc you need a tower and monitor and a mac is just basically a monitor. I read that it can perform just as well as a pc in games with the same hardware.

there is a reason why it can play the same games.......u just said it.......SAME HARDWARE. u just need the drivers.

Wow, relax a little dude...

john3 said:
there is a reason why it can play the same games.......u just said it.......SAME HARDWARE. u just need the drivers.

this is complete bullsh1t, and its been out for a while, why are u posting it now........wat a waste of bandwidth. this is completely pointless, a person buys a mac to steer away from windows........then u get windows on it anywayz........wow..........i am on linux now.

oooh calm down, some people wont have known about it, just cos you dont doesnt mean no one else cares.

Current Intel Core iMacs: Surprisingly formidable with enough memory, as they have X1600s on board.
Future Conroe Macs: Very nice. Something to actually look into if you want a sleek one-piece computer.

Virus makers will love this. infect the hard drive on the windows side, and currupt the files on the mac side all in one shot lol. so i guess that commercial with the sick dude playing the pc and the healthy guy playing the mac will have to go away.

as for it being out for a while, i didnt even know about it cuz i could give a rats a** about what mac does, so the waste of bandwidth was you post and sig.

"Wrong bag, mon. Muahahahaha!!..."

I never liked the idea of Macs having x86 in them, but ever since IBM started smoking dank with the Xbox, they just abandoned Apple Computer, causing apple to end up pregnant with a PC. :rolleyes: :(

I liked PowerPC, but now it's fading away.... :( Apple better release MAC OS X for x86, dangit!! This stalling is causing Mac software developers to be at a complete STANDSTILL. :confused:

I seriously hope to GOD they don't make a complete switch. That way the MACBOOK side can just be a bunch of PCs! ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom