Status
Not open for further replies.

3xistenc3

In Runtime
I am buying ANOTHER system for myself, for a cheap price. Specs:
AMD XP 2500+ unlocked
1GB HyperX Kingston RAM
MX440 Integrated graphics

I plan on overclocking it some, to probably around 2.1-2.3. I want to know if this will run BattleField 2 well. I do plan on upgrading the grapics soon. But how will it perform until then?

uhhm.......i dont even think it will let you install bf2 with that vid card. Your performance will be horrible with that card. Also amd athlon xp's are outdated if you ar planning on running that kind of game you should go wiht an athlon 64 processor socket 939, but if you want to keep the price down evena socket 754 athlon 64 will be better than an athlon xp. The ram is good though lol.:D

Well I have a 939 rig. But, I would like something my friends/brothers can play. If I get a new graphics card, would that work? If so, which one would be good for a cheaper price?

Well I'm getting a really good deal on it with 17'' LCD. It's a shuttle, by the way. And, I'm getting for around 550. So I can't really pick and choose. But I will upgrade parts, of course. It's just going to be a 2nd PC to me and friends. My question is: Will the PC run BF2 with a video card upgrade, but without a CPU upgrade?

a cpu upgrade will help some, but mostly it depends on your vidcard. games rely on video card > ram > then cpu. and since you are oc'ing it you should be fine with the cpu. o and if you have extra money, look into buying the 6800GS AGP.

That brings a lot into perspective, thanks. I will, for sure, be going with a 6800 of some sort.

Here again i call BS on all of that. Dad runs a BF2, FEAR, Quake4, UTK04, and NFSMW w/ a 2500+, 1gig of ram 2700, Radeon9000 and SB Live 5.1 (he has a LAN rig and Main rig myself). BF2 and FEAR run almost all low settings but it still runs good w/ no lag. My sister now has (thanx to me) a 3000+, gig of ram 2700 DC, and integrated MX440 graphics as well and runs the same games. If you OC the cpu it will be fine for MAYBE medium settings. Cant gurantee it but they will be at least to play the games. BTW AthlonXPs arent as outdated as you might think. My LAN rig has a 2600+ OCd w/ a gig and a half of DC ram and Central Brain Identifer gives it a P-rating of 3410+. Id say thats not bad eh?

pp mguire is right. my friend prove me wrong when i told him the chances are low for playin cod 2 on integrated graphics on a store bought pc its 64mb i think. but he plays cod2 on it on medium settings with minimal lag, and bf 2 on it with low settings and runs great.

i got a xp 2500 barton @ 2.42ghz it runs bf2 smoothly except i need 2 gigs, or 1.5gb to max out the detail unless u like memory lagg. but my cpu runs all of the games great its actually right behind a 3.6ghz p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom