Xigmatek Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
What do you guys think of the Xigmatek PSU's? Anyone here have any experience with them? From the specs, they look pretty decent but i wanna see if anyone has any firsthand experience about their quality and such.

they are comitted to making the best thermal solutions. (took it off their website) i don't know if a PSU constitutes as a thermal solution. but they don't make a lot of other things, just hsf, fans and psu's so i would trust them.

techPowerUp :: Xigmatek NRP-MC851 850W Review :: Page 6 / 6

quite a good review. gave that peticular PSU a 8.4/10 with the only draw back being price and its noisy.

Quick recap of the review for those to lazy to read it yourself.

85% efficiency, higher is better. out performed any psu that was included in the test, read the review, page 4 for this graph.

18A on the 12v1/2 and 30A on the 12v3/4 Rails.

Little fluctuation on the 3.3v/5v/12v.

quite noisy, 46dB idle/load. doesn't seem to lower fan speed while idle. could be a concern.

Modular, with nice cable configuration.

Also looks freaking sweet.

All in all based on this review i think we should add Xigmatek PSU's to our recommended parts list.

if it was me i wouldn't buy one, for one i haven't really heard much about the psu's (usually if they're good you hear a lot).

The latest issue of CustomPC i have did a test on tons of PSUs and the higher power Xigmateks flopped out completely when given lots of load....I can scan the article later.

Ya Sora said the higher wattage ones like 1000w have a ripple issue, but the one he has (650w) doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom