Is XFX a good company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFG WILL void your warranty if you overclock or change coolers. Just as an FYI. Evga and XFX are the only 2 companies that cover overclocking and aftermarket cooling, as long as you dont physically damage the part by being a moron.

o... good to know :D

Ya i love my xfx card... runs a little hot after OC atm but hoping some new goodies will clear that slight problem up.

I have an xfx 8800 gt, hasn't given me a problem yet.

It really doesn't matter seeing as regardless any company that does cover changing the cooler requires you return it with the stock hsf.

So unless you totally screw up your stock heatsink taking it out they really can't tell if you swapped it.

Evga does in fact allow you to change the heatsink. And its pretty easy to tell when a card comes back to you if the heatsink has been off of it. There was just a very long and hatefilled thread on the hardforums over what is considered "physical" damage and if Evga covered overclocking. Trust me, i never would have redone the TIM on my cards if it wasnt covered.

Here ya go. Lots of love and teddy bears to go around. Both the XFX and EVGA rep clarify the warranties of their respective companies.

XFX vs. EVGA warranty misunderstandings around the web - [H]ard|Forum

um your link has a big nono in the first line
"Both brands give you a trade up program (various posts everyone say one does, the other doesn't, that is not true)."
Edit nm evga does cover over clocking, the link you posted is not a good one vdubb, the guy who started the thread is a tard.

Well, I sure hope they are a good company, I read all the stuff at the 3 websites whose cards I was interested in....it was between Evga...BFG...XFX

I chose this card

Newegg.com - XFX PVT98FYDF9 GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics

I cant step it up, but I can sell it easily since the warranty will actually transfer over...I like that idea...also liked the look of the card, looks sweet with that black pcb....and it seemed to have the best set of accesories also.

ya, i know thats the reason i linked it. The guy is an idiot and gets called out on it, but if you read the entire thread, both the XFX rep and EVGA rep clarify the warranties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom