XFX 8600GT XXX worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X1950Xt trashes the 7950GT always and it is the same price after rebate. The 7950GT's were never worth their money in the price range because ATI's X1950XT is at the same price.

All of those cards need a PCi-E power connector but don't worry the FSP 400w has plenty enough amps on the rails to handle a 7900GS. The EVGA 7900GS KO is the one you should get. If you wanted to run an X1950Xt like I suggest spend 10 more on the Xclio Goodpower someone posted.

The X1950Xt trashes the 7950GT always and it is the same price after rebate. The 7950GT's were never worth their money in the price range because ATI's X1950XT is at the same price.

All of those cards need a PCi-E power connector but don't worry the FSP 400w has plenty enough amps on the rails to handle a 7900GS. The EVGA 7900GS KO is the one you should get. If you wanted to run an X1950Xt like I suggest spend 10 more on the Xclio Goodpower someone posted.

So goo with the EVGA one? The XFX has faster clock speeds. Also this is the information on my computer

Core 2 Duo E6420
2GB DDR2
160GB SATA hdd, 60GB IDE hdd
one DVD burner

Specs for PSU are
400Watt CE (24pin (20+4pin)) ARX 12V PS/2, PS/3

So goo with the EVGA one? The XFX has faster clock speeds. Also this is the information on my computer

Core 2 Duo E6420
2GB DDR2
160GB SATA hdd, 60GB IDE hdd
one DVD burner

Specs for PSU are
400Watt CE (24pin (20+4pin)) ARX 12V PS/2, PS/3

all xfx's are overclocked...

All cards labeled 7900GS have the potential to achieve the same clock speeds since they are all the same chips in them. XFX just factory overclocks the card which can easily be done (and recommend with a card that overclocks as high as the 7900GS)

I have the 7900GS KO by EVGA and I keep mine at 600/1700 clock speeds overclocked.

You cannot damage a graphics card by simply turning up the clock speed. You have to physically change the hardware such as a volt mod. overclocking a video card is very safe...

However if SOMEHOW it dies then they will give you a new card as well.

You cannot damage a graphics card by simply turning up the clock speed. You have to physically change the hardware such as a volt mod. overclocking a video card is very safe...

However if SOMEHOW it dies then they will give you a new card as well.

Ok, just be sure, and safe, your 100% sure I will be fine with the video card, even though I have a 400w PSU, and it needs a 400W PSU?

it's not the watts that matter. How many amps does your current PSU have on the 12v rails? Open up the case and look on the side of the unit if you don't know. I would recommend at least 22 amps or so on the 12v rails. However I knew someone who ran his on a cheap 450w PSU with only 17 amps on the 12v.

I should have mentioned that I only looked at nvidia's side, so it the X1950Xt stomps the 7950GT cards into the ground, I wouldn't know.

I currently run a 6800GS from BFG. (reason for such a lower edition card, is because I still have a AGP system)

Here is a quick review between them. Video Card Comparison - GPUReview.com

edit --- I'm to slow, conversation goes miles before I get a post done.... may be old information at this point in the discussion.

I agree on the watts its the amperage that counts. However, you will notice a slow down, (or just not working at all), if the power supply doesn't have enough amps to cover the card. (at least thats what my computer did, slowed down because the power wasn't enough for the cpu, graphics card and everything else, and my 3400+ seemed to go slower then my 1800+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom