XFX 7600gt SLi vs. ATI x1900xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
LU4sTrooper said:
Mmmkay your rig will eat-up nearly every game out there :) good luck with it!

You'd be better off with 2x DDR sticks exactly the same, mixing and matching generally doesn't work out too good :(

I know, but I'm on a budget! I think it will work just fine to have the two sticks. Plus, If I have enough to get another 512 stick, it will be the same exact thing as my other stick, so will I be able to put those two sticks in dual channel, and still have the 1GB stick connected?

Paul_Wall_117 said:
I know, but I'm on a budget! I think it will work just fine to have the two sticks. Plus, If I have enough to get another 512 stick, it will be the same exact thing as my other stick, so will I be able to put those two sticks in dual channel, and still have the 1GB stick connected?

Yeah I should think so, but it's not exactly ideal >_<

I just thought of something I have to ask: Since my CPU is 64 bit, do I have to use the 64 bit edition of windows XP, instead of normal?

Nope not at all, it just means your CPU is capable of running windows 64 bit, but I wouldn't touch it, I heard it's glitchy as **** T_T

I'm pretty sure u could get a X1900XT by sapphire (a better company than ASUS when it comes to graphics cards) for around $290 after rebate: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102025

then buy a Zalman VF900 for quieter cooling ;) if you want. I have the same thing (cept a HIS X1900XT) and i love it. I cant even hear the Zalman and its on 100% 24/7. Cant wait till i can pair it up with my X2 3800+ thats comin on wed.

LU4sTrooper said:
Nope not at all, it just means your CPU is capable of running windows 64 bit, but I wouldn't touch it, I heard it's glitchy as **** T_T

Will the BIOS recognise both cores right off? I know I also have to get the dual core Drivers from AMD's website, but everything else should have no problems, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom