XBOX 360 vs. Computer - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 02:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

stop the madness!!

some people like consoles, other people like computers

im a computer guy for these reasons:

1. i cant play a game without mouse and keyboard, i tried and i failed. end of story.
2. i dont want tv, so theres no reason i should get an hdtv, therefore i have a 19" CRT NTCS tv. i cant look at it for very long.
3. i do high end CAD and 3d modeling, so i need a fast computer anyway

Old 05-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Wow, challenging a new console on the market because a lack of games??? What a GREAT argument. Spoken like a true 16 year old. I have said this SO MANY times, what you are seeing so far from the hardware of the 360 is the first crop of games. For the hardware to be realized and its potential finally being utilized takes around 1 1/2 years, and it finally starts becoming antiquated within 3 or 4 years. There is really no comparison as far as the GPU with its use of unified pixel shading, direct L2 cache read/write and instructional manipulation, procedural synthesis, and many others. The tri core is just a small part of the total hardware. To many people in this forum look at just a small picture. They do not realize the way the chip instructions work and the relationship the hardware has between each other, that is where this truely shines. It will take awhile for the full power to be eked out, but as of now... NO there is nothing in the PC market that is as powerful. Does this mean that a PC doesn't look as good? No, not at all. You must understand how different it is to program for the 360. Now, graphic wise the 360 is a beast. There is just no media (via television) to support the higher resolutions of a monitor, as of now. There are some, from what I understand, over seas, but in the US it is considered HDTV light, with very few true HDTV. Try looking at arstechnica for some info on it, very indepth stuff and note of warning, it is also very technical and some may not understand it.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 05-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Monster Techie

No competition...This thread, in my opinion this thread borders spam lol. But seriously, a TV's resolution is SOOO low its not even fair. I'd like to see what a 360 does on my brother's 42" LCD display....
HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
MOBO: MSI P6N SLI-FI 650i
RAM: G.SKILL 3x1GB DDR2 800
SND: Creative Audigy 4
SPK:Logtech X-540s
MOS: Logitech MX600 Wireless Laser
LCD: HANNS-G 28" Widescreen
Old 05-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
True Techie

wellllllllllllllllllll---- everybody is going to have a computer of atleast 600$ to 1000$ just for everyday computer and myspace use. Now throw the 400 to 500$ dollor xbox or ps3 at it and ur around well u can do the math. So why not just spend the hole 1,500$ on a gaming pc and now u get both in the same package. Plus u get the mouse and keyboard for u fps games u cant be that.

I JUST WISH WE COULD RENT PC GAMES AT BLOCKBUSTER LIKE U CAN 360 GAMES. As it is u either have to break the law and hack steal or burn. or have to buy the hole game. I like that u can rent console games.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master Techie

I like both consoles and pc`s they both offer me something different for gaming.

console: quick pick up and play all out fun, a wide range of games too pick from.

pc: long gaming sessions and more Variety such as RTS and FPS games. Far more choice.

although people do say a console is cheap? does that take into account the $50+ for games these days? and the prices very rarely drop. If I added up how much my console games have cost me well.... I could have bought one heck of a PC.

PC game prices are very low indeed I can pick up some classics for £5 or less.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally posted by Izzjess
wellllllllllllllllllll---- everybody is going to have a computer of atleast 600$ to 1000$ just for everyday computer and myspace use. Now throw the 400 to 500$ dollor xbox or ps3 at it and ur around well u can do the math. So why not just spend the hole 1,500$ on a gaming pc and now u get both in the same package. Plus u get the mouse and keyboard for u fps games u cant be that.

I JUST WISH WE COULD RENT PC GAMES AT BLOCKBUSTER LIKE U CAN 360 GAMES. As it is u either have to break the law and hack steal or burn. or have to buy the hole game. I like that u can rent console games.
Its called a job.. oh i see your waiting for your welfare check to buy your X360

eVGA 7900GT KO
Crappy 80g HD
(trying to get )ePOWER 500watt PSU
Old 05-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Quote:
Originally posted by ManBearPig
Its called a job.. oh i see your waiting for your welfare check to buy your X360

Are you super cereal?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Pepsiboy700 Send a message via MSN to Pepsiboy700

The reason I havent got a xbox 360 yet is the avaliablity. Nobody has got it and I dont feel like waiting. What is rediculous is the fact if I spent 400 bucks on a 360 I would need to get a better tv cause the ones in my house are crap and give a smack in the face image. People who just play games, straight up thats it, console for them. End of Story!!!! I like to be able to do so much stuff on the computer then just a couple games. I can write code, customize windows, email, surf the web, mod games, play alot more games (FOR FREE). Plus I couldnt get over the fact that you have to pay for xbox live. Between the money I save on games and xbox live I can put towards pc games/upgrades. I would also wait for xbox360 to get it issues out FOR SURE. My friend has a xbox 360 and yes I will say good fps but I cant tell the fact they used ati because the lines are not straight by any means (PGR shows this very well). Oh and all my friends that got consoles either, dont get out anymore, got corprol tunnel, or dont use it anymore. Just my input. Also fps werent ment to be played with a controller, mouse and keyboard pwn that in the ***.
HD 5750 @ 850/2400
Thermaltake 630W
Antec Lanboy Air
Old 05-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally posted by HAVOC2k5
Are you super cereal?

lololol thats the best south park episode ever..

"i feel bad for him, i dont think al gore has any friends"

yes sony and xbox are bound to screw you somewhere.. charge you a **** of alot just to play online
eVGA 7900GT KO
Crappy 80g HD
(trying to get )ePOWER 500watt PSU
Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #50 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to Captain Buck

umm have u ever played any of the big rpgs like "WOW" how much does that cost per moth or what not??? not all internet pc games are free and also judging by how many people have "gaming" pcs compared to people who have consoles forget about it u know it i know it everyone knows it MANY more people have consoles thats a fact u can **** around that fact with ur hardware specs buts its already been said the 360 will last 3-4 years ur "gaming" pc WILL NOT i think the topic is over it is definately in the long run better to buy a 360 for the sole purpose of gaming

Closed Thread