Xbox 360 or $500 PC Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From wikipedia.com:
The PhysX PPU (see below) is a chip and SDK that is designed to perform complex physics calculations. It is being designed by Ageia. On July 20, 2005, Sony signed an agreement with Ageia to use the Novodex SDK in the upcoming PlayStation 3. This will allow developers to design games with complex physics without programming a physics engine, previously a time consuming and extremely difficult process. Ageia claims that the PhysX chip can perform physics calculations at one-hundredfold that of current CPUs and physics software.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Also,
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/635/635492p1.html

lazerman,
Back in August, the 3700+ was $290. Now it's down to $234. By December it may even be down to $200 or so. The DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D motherboard just recently dropped a few dollars and is now at $125. There isn't any need to buy the SLI mobo unless you're going to use it, but with $600 you're not going to get a mobo, cpu, and 2x good video cards.

Today the eVGA Geforce 6800GT dropped a few dollars as well, hopefully it will keep that up until December and you can probably afford one of those.

I want the SLI just incase the programming for it get's better. I don't have to have 2 video cards to have an SLI mobo. I can add one later.

Hmm hopefully prices will go down. Lowered prices would be:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego: $200
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR: $155
eVGA 6800gt: $250
Total: $605

Add-ons:
ZALMAN 7700-CU for CPU: $50
ZALMAN Fatal1ty FS-V7 80mm: $40
Total w/Add-ons: $695

I want the SLI just incase the programming for it get's better. I don't have to have 2 video cards to have an SLI mobo. I can add one later.
If only everybody was this intelligent. ANyways, if its true that the Unreal 3 engine will use PPU(?) then most of the newer PC games based on the Unreal engine will use it im guessing. Games such as Unreal 3 and Oblivian. Also i believe FEAR and Oblivian will be multithreaded. I myself choose a 3700+ San Diego because of the price decreases and w/ a decent WC setup i wil get some massive OCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom