X86 sbc options

rhinotekmn

Solid State Member
Hello everybody,

After doing a moderate amount of digging without much luck, I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a single board computer with an x86 processor, something like raspi, cheap, clean, and open source.

A little more info: I need a small form factor board that run WinXP, has HDMI output, usb 2.0 output, micro SD storage. Like I said, basically a raspberry pi with an x86 cpu. Cheapest one you can think of.

Thanks braintrust!

Also, why do you need to run WinXP? Raspberry Pi is about as cheap as you're going to get. I didn't search very hard, but here's a link to a starter kit: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (1GB)

Why an x86 CPU? Most 64bit processors contain x86 instruction sets.

c0rr0sive - I meant I need a board with a CPU that has x86 architecture not that I need a board with a x86 specifically.

MidnightShadow - I need to run WinXP because I am trying to run a non AppX application (.exe application) so Windows IoT is not going to work, also I don't want to run this application natively, so that means I can't use an emu. Raspi has an ARM processor, so it can't run .exe apps because the instruction set is different.

I know that there is MinnowBoard, Intel NUC board, Intel Galileo, but I just figured I would reach out and see if anyone knew of something cheap.

Not that I can see.

It's not really marketed towards being a "developer" board like RPi's and such - more of just a very compact PC.

Back
Top Bottom