x850xt is ****ing me off (drivers possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like a HW problem to me... have you considered that fact that the card may be broken?

Ok. I've told him about 100 times on techonvent, that he needs a (2) Molex to PCI express adapter. His PSU isn't PCI Express ready so it doesn't have a 6 PIN PCI express power cable from the PSU.

He bought the OPEN BOX version so the card came with nothing. One thing he needs is the adapter I mentioned above. He's currently using an adapter that has 1 molex with 4 pins to a PCI express 6 pin.

The adapter has (2) molexes. Both have 3 wires and 3 pins. The PCI express is 6 PINS. 3+3=6.

I really have no idea how I can make it any clearer.

bad video card, had the same type of artifacting occur on 2 different 6600gt's personally.

new or old card? rma it? warranty?

HAVOC2k5 said:
Ok. I've told him about 100 times on techonvent, that he needs a (2) Molex to PCI express adapter. His PSU isn't PCI Express ready so it doesn't have a 6 PIN PCI express power cable from the PSU.

He bought the OPEN BOX version so the card came with nothing. One thing he needs is the adapter I mentioned above. He's currently using an adapter that has 1 molex with 4 pins to a PCI express 6 pin.

The adapter has (2) molexes. Both have 3 wires and 3 pins. The PCI express is 6 PINS. 3+3=6.

I really have no idea how I can make it any clearer.
Yea this was before we talked on ToV... me and crysalis thought it was adriver problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom