x850xt is ****ing me off (drivers possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long have you had the card and how much did you OC it? from what I saw, I had the same issues with my original 7900GT. I oc'd it too much and burned it... the sysmptoms your having are VERY similar to what I had...

did you try rolling to the (I think) 6.4 driver... one of those 6 series had some servere issues at one point.. I think it's thew 6.4 that was stable again... If not then can you try the card in another machine? or another card in yours?

Nukem said:
how long have you had the card and how much did you OC it? from what I saw, I had the same issues with my original 7900GT. I oc'd it too much and burned it... the sysmptoms your having are VERY similar to what I had...

did you try rolling to the (I think) 6.4 driver... one of those 6 series had some servere issues at one point.. I think it's thew 6.4 that was stable again... If not then can you try the card in another machine? or another card in yours?
I did not OC it. I tried rolling to the 5.5 driver (look at video). I was gonna put on the 6.9 drivers and then see if my card is doing it again then put my old card in and then test it to see if it is doing the same thing...If it is then it is my drivers if it isn't it is my card (somehow some way) we think it may be power due to the connector I am using.

The General said:
ATI having driver problems? O RLY?

Was that supposed to be sarcastic?!?! :D (BIG joke) what made it worse... Nvidia jumped on the whole "console mode" and screwed up their drivers for a while...

Have you tried the Omega Drivers instead? also, what size is your PSU? Maybe its not getting enough power??

If this doesn't help, then the card was definitely blown somehow. See if you can RMA it or just return it to get another card.

told yas! ati drivers are t3h suck, nvidia drivers pwn!

leet dude speak off

:D

for the record...

my geforce 4 something with 128 megs of ram displays doom3 fairly decently over my 512 x1800xtx. Albeit of course the geforce is on my xp and the ati on my vista. But we'll just go ahead and say it's that.

:D

Well I got the Thermaltake pure power 560watt PSU... Havok believes that it is my power connector I used since it isn't totally the correct one... I am gonna try to grab one that is 100% correct and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom