X2 temputure

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty111

Solid State Member
Hello,

Just built first rig. Working fine.

However just wanted to see what you think of the CPU temputure.

I'm seeing about 44 at idle. Hopes to about 47 while underload, i.e- watching rendered animation and encoding compressing dvd.

I have a ASUS A8N32 SLN
X2 4200
Artic Cooling 64 Pro (which was differcult to install, but the termal paste seemed fine)

Motherboard is reporting 40-42 degrees.

I'm not worried by the tempuratures. i have good case cooling. Wondered if it will get cooler as the termal paste hardends.

Only thing that bothers me as i'm no using standard cooling, so the passive cooling on the mobo might not be as good. Although the bottom fins of my artic cooler do face it. I've heard that the mobo being warm can cause adverse effects to the CPU temp.

Does this sound ok?

you are fine bro

the a8n32(which i have :)) is quite alright
you see that copper heatsink that goes across your board? its made so you dont need a lot of standard cooling

i love the board

oh yeh your temperatures are fine. consider more fans if you are worried about the heat inside your case!

do you have thermal paste? if u dont get Arctic silver 5 and put it on ur CPU, if u need more info on the application process look it up on google, or i think AMD has it on their website. and get 1 exhaust fan or intake fan whichever u lack. if u do that, which would cost you a total of about $15, you should be idle below 40.

unless you are overclocking your processor shouldnt overheat

AMD's stock cooking parts are PERFECT for the chip it comes with

or else there would be a lot more hatred toward amd

does any1 know if i can remove the southbridge and northbridge chip cooler things on a asus a8n-32? I'm buying a water cooling system that has the blocks that go on those, just want to make sure.

Get like 1 or 2 cold cathode lights, that should reduce it by a few temps. if u do that, which would cost you a total of about $20-$25, you should be idle BELOW 40.

what!?!? they aren't actually cold, they are relatively speaking when comparing to neon though. as far as i know cold cathodes won't lower temps. although i will gladly retract this statement if i am wrong.

those temps seem a bit high to me. even on stock cooling unless you have absolutely horrendous air flow in your case or a boiling house at stock speed it should idle in the low 30's and max out at about 44-46 degrees

yeah cold cathodes don't take away heat from your pc. they're actually kinda warm if you touch them, they're just for maaaaaaaad looks

actually people have posted on this and other forums that they have. one guy installed 2 cold cathodes in his computer and it lower his temps by 2degrees, maybe it was something else but thats what he said happened, i've read other reports, but maybe it was another element in the works. if im wrong i retract my statement.

Thanks

Thanks for your replys, all sounds fine good good :)

I just used the termal paste which was already applyed to the cooler. I wouldn't mod it now its installed.

In fact i've just disconnected a side case fan which has made my mobo 3 degrees cooler and my cpu has droppped alittle. - So i think it was interfeeing with the fans

Only thing left is i'm having abit of trouble reading in the floppy drive :) so i don't think i've got too many troubles.

Also considering tubes regradless of the heat gain. I think they are warmish if anything. They don't run cooler than the atmospshere temp. The reason they are cold is they don't produce much heat i think :)

Thankyou

P.S- sorry spelling is poor

you shouldnt have a it above 40 idle. get an exhaust fan, that was probably ur problem, you have more intake fans then exhaust and the airflow was f'd up. by an exhaust fan and add that side fan again and see what happens. and then try it without the side fan but WITH the extra exhaust fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom