X2 4400+ -or- pent D 940 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
for my next cpu i've narrowed my choices down to these two. both dual cores, both around the same price, but different manufacturers. i'm planning to use it Mainly for gaming, video/image editing, and general multitasking. so plz recommend one, thx.

intel pentium D 940 3.2Ghz 800Mhz FSB 2x2Mb L2 cache
athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz 1Ghz FSB 2x1MB L2 cache

Get the 4400+. It propably performs pretty similarly to the 940 with multitasking and video editing. Since most games do not support duel core CPUs (and thus only use one of the cores), I would still rather get the 4400+, cause AMD beats Intel when it comes to games. One thing I recommend is to rather get the AMD 4200+ instead which can easily be overclocked past 4400+ speeds, and saves you money in the end. Just my opinion though, wait to hear what some of the other guys think!

Hi, definitely the 4400+ over the intel, but I'd reccomend the 4200+ as well, as there are only extreme cases where you'd notice the difference about the Cache, and they are the same speeds I believe.

As well as this, if you are interested in Overclocking the 4200+ is very nice, even with stock cooling! This way you'd save money and end up with an equal or faster cpu!

Charlie -

To the people that said about the 4200+. dont get it, as Trifid said it only has a 512mb cache whereas the 4400+ has 1mb cache. I got the 4400+ just last week overclocked it up to 2.6Ghz so Thats same as the fx-60 speed and is a good price too. You got to buy this, none other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom