x1950XTX question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hey I'm just wondering about something. When I go on newegg.com, I notice that a Sapphire x1950XTX retail is cheaper than the ATI x1950XTX by a good margin. Can somebody tell me why, and better yet what is the difference between third party cards like EVGA and Sapphire from ATI and Nvidia's cards anyway?

well u would have to link us to the two cards but there is most likely differences such as supported resolutions pixel pipelines and type and amount of ram and to the best of my knowledge nvidia just makes gpus not actual cards but ati makes there own cards and allows other companys to make them to

ATI & Asus usually retail their video cards more expensive than other manufacturer's such as Sapphire. Theres no difference, except some might be OC'd, you'll see in the specs by checking the clock speed. Sapphires a good brand too, but check Diamond out, they might be cheaper.

Other than packeged accessories they seem the same to me. I personally have a Sapphire x1800xt and paid quite a bit less than say an ATI or Asus and it works great.

agreed.. i had a sapphire x1900xt and it was alot cheaper than any other brand....

well with the x1900xt's though.. the ati versions had better ram that could oc much better... but that was just the asus brand, and nothing else.. so i dunno

I got a HIS Hightech X1900XT as cheap or cheaper than a Sapphire and way cheaper tahn ASUS or ATI card. But generally, ATI cards are priced high and Sapphire, HIS, Powercolor, etc. price them lower, idk y.

HIS ussually offers two of the same model, one with normal cooling and one with the IceQ3 coolin tech. I got the reg. one and put a zalman VF900 on it. But it had a MIR and it actually worked so i'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom