x1950xt vs ps3/xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are retarded if you think you can compare a PC/360/PS3 on teraflops. Those tech sepcs are just a lot of technical mumbo jumbo that 99% of people on this forum including me don't know how to analyze.

Cores and teraflops mean nothing because a computer's processor has completely different uses compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Even then it just depends on how developers utilize all the hardware.

I would have to say that due to poor development kits, the 360 as of right now if more powerful then a ps3. This was proved with madden 2007. The game plays at 60fps on a 360 and only 30 on a ps3. Its extremely hard to code for a ps3 right now, so its easier for developers to optimize for the 360. The situation sort of reminds me of the 2900xt driver problems right now, and how there not optimized yet.

On a side note, what do you mean by a computer has higher resolutions? The 360 and ps3 display at 1080P... Can your monitor do that? Cause most of ours can't.

Edit:
You are retarded if you think you can compare a PC/360/PS3 on teraflops. Those tech sepcs are just a lot of technical mumbo jumbo that 99% of people on this forum including me don't know how to analyze.

Cores and teraflops mean nothing because a computer's processor has completely different uses compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3. Even then it just depends on how developers utilize all the hardware.

You are very right on that note. Game consoles cannot be compared because they are so extremely optimized for games. The hardware is made for a single purpose and the system doesn't have to run things like windows and all its junk in the background.

Kind of difficult to believe you when you say you don't understand it yourself. What's so hard to understand about teraflops? Pretty much floating point calculations like TheEnd said. It gives you a basis of how fast it can process information, so I wouldn't say it means nothing.

Yeah but a computer is doing way more then just playing a game. And as well the Xbox 360 and PS3 are both doing things in the background.

Don't base your opinion off "floating teraflops".

madden for the 360 was running@60fps because it was downported to the ps3 and the dev's didnt want to bother with the hassle of re-coding for the ps3, look at Dirt, and oblivion where the coding was done right for both sstems ps is better. and when dmc4 gets released all you 360 people can cry about how te 360 version is a port because capcom said it is being downported to the 360. as of right now the 360 dev tools are more learned so it is easier to code as soon as the ps3 devs get it down the can star doing more amazing things with it.

now as FPC's go it does wonders with physics,lighting,AI,processing, and FPC' intensive stuff like transcoding audio and video.

If you can tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p at anything below 50" then I commend you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom