x1950xt vs ps3/xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very valid question posed in this thread and everyone's going to have different opinions.

If you ask me, I think the 360 is a better IMMEDIATE purchase to get into the next level of consoles and does have a better online feature. HOWEVER, over the long run I think PS3 will be proven to be the superior model for gaming. It all depends on how you view the word "better". If I remember correctly Sony put out a statement saying they would be developing 180 new games within the year. If they can get their price down into 4xx level then they're gonna be fine. That will happen as they improve their supply and value chains IMHO.

To compare the consoles to a PC has gotta be a tough call for anyone to make. Yeah, PC's have alot more going on but the PC games have their advantages over consoles. I think updates and patches for PC games are nice to have, not to mention, if you like to tinker and optimize (like most people on this forum do) then you certainly have alot more options available to you.

Again, tough call to make. It has been for me - but I'm goin with a PC since I can always upgrade parts a couple years down the line.

do you guys think my system will have a hard time running Crytek Crysis? I'm kinda looking forward to this game...

edit: oh no... is Crysis DX10? LOL... guess I'll wait for the nvidia 9 series if it is... sigh....

Your rig will probably have no problems running Crysis, I think the recommended video card requirement was a 7800gtx

do you guys think my system will have a hard time running Crytek Crysis? I'm kinda looking forward to this game...

edit: oh no... is Crysis DX10? LOL... guess I'll wait for the nvidia 9 series if it is... sigh....

im fully into crysis actually. and one of the devoplers runs a amd x2 and a x1900 with crysis on most settings and he said it runs really well. also everyone waiting for the 9 series, yes it might be alot better as it will bext the imroved alot from the gtx but crysis WILL run maxed out on a c2d and a 8800gtx on a reasonable resolution. and if it runs great on a x1900 it should be alot better on a gts. so dont be underestimating the 8 series that game is basically build around that game. lets not forget they have only just started the optmizing now.

i prefer pc over all consoles. wasnt the gtx proven to be 2x a ps3 or sumithn. ne way i do no that cryengine2(crysis engine) could not be ported to either the ps3 or 360 without making alot of sacrifices that they do not want to make. hense they cannot produce what a pc can.

also i do remember IBM saying how stupid the cell cpu desgin is. and that 10% or sumthin, is most likley to be faultly in the manufacturing process. and that if 7/8 cores are working it cannot be returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom