x1950pro 512mb AGP8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Hi, after the recent fried-age of my 6800gt , i bought a x1950pro 512mb (its coming in the mail).

i have a thermaltake 400w psu that came with my tsunami dream case.

i was wondering if this PSU would be enough to power my x1950pro

the other things my psu powers are...

468socket pent 4 3.0ghz
2gig ram
1x 160gb harddrive

thanks !!

(it has 17a on the 12v rail )

thanks!. i read otherplaces people recommended 450W or so...but they usually had dual core pcs, 2-3 RAID harddrives and the like...i hope my PSU will manage to accomodate my humble system.

I read that the min power requirements were 30A on 12v rail and 22A on both rails if its a dual rail PSU, but of course these numbers are exaggerated, and yes these are the official requirements from sapphire.

BTW i've heard some people running thses cards on 18A rails, but it also depends on the quality of your PSU, also dont you have at least a cd-rom drive on ur comp?

i see, thank you for finding that out. (im not too good with google)

should i try my x1950pro AGP on my computer anyhow? see if it works and plays games? will this damage it??

also, in the case that it does work perfectly fine; play my games fine...; should i keep using my PSU (17a on 12v) to power it? (eg. will my x1950pro break after a year or so??)

my psu is thermaltake xp480...came with my case...not top of the notch quality...and i have 1 cd-rw drive + 1 dvd-rw drive in my case...what do u guys think??

if uve only got 1 12v rail with 17A dun think ull be gettin anywhere fast. i think having a under powerful psu can damage all ur components if sumthin goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom