X1900XTX, or 7800 gtx for this setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehownerer

Banned
this is the setup i'm getting

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Memory1 Kingston 1GB Kit DDR400 (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G)(512MBx2)

Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (PCI-E, DDR, SATA, RAID, IDE)

Hard Drive 1 Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA II

Optical Drive 1 LG 16X 4167B DVD RW +- Dual Layer Rewriter (Black)

Optical Drive 2 LG 16X DVD-ROM (Black)

Audio Onboard Audio
Network Card Onboard Network Card

Modem 56K, Fax & Data Modem, V.92/.90

Case Thermaltake SViking VA4000BWS Case w/ Side Window (black)
Neon Light Sunbeam Cold Cathod Neon Light (blue)

Power Supply ELT500AWT Liberty 500W Active PFC

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (OEM)

Card Reader Mitsumi 7 in 1 Internal Card Reader and Floppy Drive (Black)

i just want to know which card would be best for this setup, ATI Radeon X1900XTX, or 7800 gtx?
i'll probably go sli after, is this psu sufficient?
will these cards go sli because i heard of problems with the 7800 gtx going sli?

will ATI Radeon X1900XTX in crossfire even work with this motherboard or does it have to be some special crossfire one?(sorry i don't ussually buy radeon)

I will go for the X1900XTX.

You need a crossfire board to do crossfire (with the ATI chipset) which this board doesn't have.

Go with a ANtec/Enermax/seasonic PSU. You need alot of amps on the 12v rail for these cards.

BFG has a lifetime warranty so I would go with them.

dual video cards are a waste of money, as the performance gain is not worth paying twice as much.

The boards are different between SLI and Crossfire. SO make sure you know what cards your getting before you get a motherboard.

X1900XTX is a much better card for the money than the 7800GTX, and the X1900XTX is one of the cards that will do awesome in Unreal Engine 3 games of this fall with maxed or near maxed settings. If you want good value, go for the 7800GT, which is much cheaper and screams through today's games. Expect it to really be taxed come this fall though. Overall, the X1900XTX is the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom