x1900 stutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius, your avatar has jagged edges. You should enable anti-aliasing. ;)

And that's pretty cool, I guess crossfire is different than SLi....

yep crossfire is good because it lets you use older cards.. so you dont gotta throw them out. lol .

I decided to try ati because from what i have been reading, the memory is a good bit faster.

Welp i took the 2 gigs of ram out. I tried the omega drivers, but the dont have crossfire support. I did some driver tweaking and i got my 3dmark06 score up to almost 9500, which is faster than my 2 7900gtx's. stock speeds.

Since the rig is watercooled, im hoping to get a lot out of this fx60 and hopefully some good speeds on the graphicw card. Now i just gotta find a voltage mod for the graphics cards. Hopefully they are softmods, dont feel like drining the whole system and all just to pull the cards out

update* i downloaded the beta of ati tools. I noticed that for some reason, both cards were clocked at 450/1000 instead of the stock 650/1500,, 3d. So i clocked them back up to stock speeds, added some voltage through atitool, and now the card is rock stable, no more stuttering one bit. woot

good to see you found it. I'm not sure why the cards would have been downclocked though.

but anyway, why stop there? maybe you can clock them even higher.... hehe

if the crossfire master card was clocked low then the XTX will automatically be clocked down to match the master card. that could be what happened.

possibly, but it was was slower than what the master card should of been. Oh yea i am definitly gunna oc everything. Just real quick last night i go it up to 800/1700 and it was running fine. I love atitool so much, way better than the nvidia tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom