X1800xt - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Originally posted by aliasaid
......... let me get this straight.. he tells a guy to ignore me because i hate him, and you have a problem with the word "buddy"? your perception of "pestering" seems awfully skewed.
You've never been nice to him, or even neutral, for that matter.

its a joke that you would even say that.. "sarcastic tone"....

although i do recall someone using sarcasm... oh here i found it

If you can't see why he used sarcasm there, you need help. He said you weren't useful there becaue you didn't post links, didn't offer any reasons why you told him to use those parts, didn't explain it in terms someone who doesn't know anything about computers would understand.

but i'm sure you have no problem with the way he used it, right "mike"?
Correct, for reasons above. And, what, you think i'm lying to you about my name being Mike? Yeah, i lie about my name, because it's the cool thing to do over the internets. [/sarcasm] (Oh goodness! Look at that!)

considering the way you perceive things, i'm surprised you didn't say i attempted to kill him.
That's what you think.

finally, someone comes to my defence.
He "came to your defence" because mods have already been informed.

as for flaming, thx for the offer but i don't flame, i merely react
So now sarcastic racial pop-shots are reactions? Does that make the whole war in the middle east a "reaction," as you put it?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

lol snake-eyes, are you drawing me into a debate or something. i don't want to get banned so i'm not gonna reply anymore, but if you're curious about the war in the middle east i'll be more than happy to discuss in private message.. msg me if you're still interested in knowing the answers to your questions.

"Is virtue a thing remote? I wish to be virtuous, and lo! Virtue is at hand." -Confucius
Old 08-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Okay. Both of you, cool it. This is ridiculous, and it clearly isn't going anywhere. At this point, it really isn't importantant who's 'instigating' and 'reacting'. This quibbling is accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Things like sarcastic remarks about other people's advice shouldn't be made (try criticising what they say directly instead of creating tension), and things like "you're totally awesome yoad, i love you and your whole race" are completely out of line.

I think you both should try and avoid posting to each other for a while and when you do, keep it about tech.

Preacher, really sorry your question thread ended up the site for this mess. Let's see if we can get this back on topic now, people.
Error: Keyboard not attached. Please press F1 to continue. <pre>-------OS----------Gentoo Linux-------<br>------Browser-----Mozilla Firefox-----</pre><form action="http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php" method="get"><input type="text" name="search"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search the Forums, thanks to Emily"></form>

|||Official Forum Rules|||<hr>
Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Hey guys tell me which VGA to choose for my new comp:

WITH ZALMAN COOLING it comes in the package

Is there any diffrence between the two?
They look the same, spec wise. Unless there is a big price difference, I'd go for the one with the Zalman.

Zalman = cool and quiet.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 08-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Originally posted by Trotter
They look the same, spec wise. Unless there is a big price difference, I'd go for the one with the Zalman.

Zalman = cool and quiet.
But theres a brandwise issue here too..

connect3d is known to make budget boards, although they do a fine job on the lower end cards [because the chips are cheaper so more effort and money goes into the manufacturing and modeling of the board and PCB] I don't know how well they do in the higher end cards, while on the other hand we have Sapphire, which along with ATi and Asus is known to be one of the best board makers of ATi.. and a VF700 costs here near to nothing [130 NIS which is like.. 30$ at most], so perhaps it is better going with sapphire, just my opinion though, in the end the chip is the same chip, a board is made of wood and so is the other board. :bald:

Old 08-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Pepsiboy700 Send a message via MSN to Pepsiboy700

I would go sapphire with a zalman vf900. Very good combo. I guess if there isnt more than a $50 difference between 256mb and 512mb then get the 512mb but make sure you oc the **** out of it!

i3 540 @ 3066 MHZ
4GB DDR3 1600 1T 9-9-9-28
2x 750GB
HD 5750 @ 850/2400
Thermaltake 630W
Antec Lanboy Air
Closed Thread