x-fi=better fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there would be a difference but would it be noticable I can't say.

CPU handles your logic
GPU handles your graphics
APU handles audio

Integrated Sound and Video are clearly not as good as their independant versions and do not hog system memory. Most GPUs will have 256 or 512 gddr3 memory if it's new today and the X-Fi processors if I remember correctly have 64 megs of memory.

This doesn't take up vital system memory but again does anyone trully need 64 megs of audio memory? The X-Fi Processors also re-sample music seemlessly using it's 24-bit crystalizer to make mp3s sound better than the origanal bloated CD files.

Will you hear a difference yes, will you see a differences in fps logically it helps but will you notice probably not.

no you wont. u know that when u take a fps average u get 67 fps then take it again and u get 68 fps. well with an xfi u get 68 fps. No u wotn get a increase.

Yeah but an X-Fi is apparantly an amazing sound card. I'd get one if I could afford it :( Would be a step up from Realtek im sure.

Only the X-Fi fatal1ty has 64MB of X-RAM but it only gives about 1 or 2 average FPS over a system without it. But it costs more then double of the Xtreme Music version and isn't worth the price tag.

Beefcake said:
Only the X-Fi fatal1ty has 64MB of X-RAM but it only gives about 1 or 2 average FPS over a system without it. But it costs more then double of the Xtreme Music version and isn't worth the price tag.

Anything with the name fatal1ty in it isn't worth the price :p

I have the X-fi Fatal!ty and I don't see any FPS increase. The only game that supports it so far is BF2. Granted, the card sounds really freakin' good... but an increase in FPS, I just don't see.

septoid2 said:
Yeah but an X-Fi is apparantly an amazing sound card. I'd get one if I could afford it :( Would be a step up from Realtek im sure.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing the X-Fi is really superior for is spatial imaging (which is good for gaming) and processing lots of sounds at once (which is also good for gaming). I doubt that the actual sound quality will be much better than any decent internal card, and definitely not for the price. If you're on a budget, go for the Chaintech AV-710, or if you've got a bit of money, an EMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom