Which X-Fi??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
There are a few X-Fi packages to choose from, Which one would you choose??

It depends on what you'll do with it.

The Elite X-fi is more for Audio Hobbists. Extrenal Contoller, remote, 64MB XRAM & comes with a few audio creation programs.

The Fatal1ty FPS I have. same card as the ones below but has 64MB XRAM and a front panel controller & remote.

The platinum is the same as the FPS without XRAM

The Extreme Music is good for gaming, music and entertainment 'movies". No front panel or Remote or XRAM.

If you don't have a very good set of speakers, 5.1 to 7.1, don't bother with the x-fi... go with the other recommended Audigy 2 ZS.

audigy can do 5.1-7.1 and dvd audio and shit 24bit 96khz get a audigy zs 2 or lloks for review on the xfis and then make your choice.

efd753 said:
audigy can do 5.1-7.1 and dvd audio and shit 24bit 96khz get a audigy zs 2 or lloks for review on the xfis and then make your choice.

"If you have a good set of speakers, it's worth it to go with the X-fi."

"If not... Audigy 2 ZS is a great card."

I like the X-fi card better because of all of the new options creative gives you. The GUI interfaces are extremely sexy. Plus you have the ability to use 3 modes:

1.) Gaming
2.) Entertainment
3.) Music Creation

There is a mode switcher. You can use the mode switcher to change between the modes depending on what you are doing. Example: When I play BF2 i use the game mode, which i have configured perfectly and sounds amazing. Then when I watch a DVD, I switch to Entertainment mode, which I use a completely different configuration... Use EAX, adjust bass/treble... etc...

So when you change what you're doing on your PC, you don't have to play around with audio settings every time... You just change the mode, where all of your settings are saved...

Music Creation I don't use that much, but it has a nice set of features.

Can you change mode settings on all X-Fi models or only the higher end/more expensive ones?

Yes you caan change the mode settings on all of them. Just get the XtremeMusic, it's the best bang for your buck of the X-Fi's.

? u played aorund with settigns with your audigy 2 zs? which can do all of thoses at once. i can play bf2 for 30 min then get out of bf2 with no change in audio settings go into reason 2.5 and make some music and then after that with no change in audio settings go into DVD play back.

If you have good speakers it dont matter if u use the audigy 2 zs or any x-fi like it would sound great.

If you want professional audio then u would look into real music production cards not soundblasters(audigy or x-fi).

If you have a audigy 2 zs card, waste that money on better speakers and u will hear the difference.

Then agian if u have the money buy anythign you want. but thoses x-fi cards are a waste of money for me.

ok you really need to stop blasting the x-fi's and making them seem so horriable, when the truth is the cheapest one is more than 20x more powerful than the Audigy2, and all upcoming games worth getting will take advantage of them. the xtrememusic is not much more expensive than the audigy 2.

yes it is 70 comapre to 130 yes it is. Is a waste of money. you wont get any performance and u will need the 300 dollar and up models to get the xram for what so u can have 1-5 more fps nah man waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom