Which X-Fi?? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
WWS
Super Techie

Default Which X-Fi??

There are a few X-Fi packages to choose from, Which one would you choose??

Old 11-29-2005, 09:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

none get a audigy 2 zs u will be set.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

It depends on what you'll do with it.

The Elite X-fi is more for Audio Hobbists. Extrenal Contoller, remote, 64MB XRAM & comes with a few audio creation programs.

The Fatal1ty FPS I have. same card as the ones below but has 64MB XRAM and a front panel controller & remote.

The platinum is the same as the FPS without XRAM

The Extreme Music is good for gaming, music and entertainment 'movies". No front panel or Remote or XRAM.

If you don't have a very good set of speakers, 5.1 to 7.1, don't bother with the x-fi... go with the other recommended Audigy 2 ZS.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

audigy can do 5.1-7.1 and dvd audio and **** 24bit 96khz get a audigy zs 2 or lloks for review on the xfis and then make your choice.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Quote:
Originally posted by efd753
audigy can do 5.1-7.1 and dvd audio and **** 24bit 96khz get a audigy zs 2 or lloks for review on the xfis and then make your choice.
"If you have a good set of speakers, it's worth it to go with the X-fi."

"If not... Audigy 2 ZS is a great card."

I like the X-fi card better because of all of the new options creative gives you. The GUI interfaces are extremely sexy. Plus you have the ability to use 3 modes:

1.) Gaming
2.) Entertainment
3.) Music Creation

There is a mode switcher. You can use the mode switcher to change between the modes depending on what you are doing. Example: When I play BF2 i use the game mode, which i have configured perfectly and sounds amazing. Then when I watch a DVD, I switch to Entertainment mode, which I use a completely different configuration... Use EAX, adjust bass/treble... etc...

So when you change what you're doing on your PC, you don't have to play around with audio settings every time... You just change the mode, where all of your settings are saved...

Music Creation I don't use that much, but it has a nice set of features.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWS
Super Techie

Can you change mode settings on all X-Fi models or only the higher end/more expensive ones?
2 9800GTX+ in SLI
ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Intel Core i7 920 @3.8 GHz
Old 11-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Yes you caan change the mode settings on all of them. Just get the XtremeMusic, it's the best bang for your buck of the X-Fi's.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

? u played aorund with settigns with your audigy 2 zs? which can do all of thoses at once. i can play bf2 for 30 min then get out of bf2 with no change in audio settings go into reason 2.5 and make some music and then after that with no change in audio settings go into DVD play back.

If you have good speakers it dont matter if u use the audigy 2 zs or any x-fi like it would sound great.

If you want professional audio then u would look into real music production cards not soundblasters(audigy or x-fi).

If you have a audigy 2 zs card, waste that money on better speakers and u will hear the difference.

Then agian if u have the money buy anythign you want. but thoses x-fi cards are a waste of money for me.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

ok you really need to stop blasting the x-fi's and making them seem so horriable, when the truth is the cheapest one is more than 20x more powerful than the Audigy2, and all upcoming games worth getting will take advantage of them. the xtrememusic is not much more expensive than the audigy 2.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

yes it is 70 comapre to 130 yes it is. Is a waste of money. you wont get any performance and u will need the 300 dollar and up models to get the xram for what so u can have 1-5 more fps nah man waste of money.

Closed Thread