wtf is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
Ok, so i had trouble overclocking, so i thought that i might look and see if my bios is up to date. So then i put in the motherboard cd, i followed the latest update for my bios, the m2v am2 socket motherboard. I downloaded it, it installed, and it said that it had to be rebooted before it can use it. So i clicked ok and it rebooted itself and it never turned back on. I tried to reset the bios by taking out battery but this time it did not work. The power is on and everything is running (all the fans atleast) but the monitor does not get a signal. Right now i have to go to work so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions it would appreciate it VERY much.

Right now i have everything unplugged and the battery is out. Is there anything else that i can do?

Thanks,
Ted

just got home, i will look at that jumper thing, but i reset it before by just taking the battery out.

ok i followed the directions atleast 5 times and still nothing.

Turn off computer and unplug power cable
Take out the battery
Switch the pins cap from 1,2 (default) to 2,3 for 5-10 seconds.
Switch the pins cap back from 2,3 to 1,2
put battery back in
plug power cord back in
turn on computer and press delete when the screen comes up

I did that multiple times. When i do it, my monitor says
" Self diagnostics
no signal
check connection

i plugged in and out the monitor multiple times also

any other ideas? or did i **** something up to bad....or asus did?

lol, so its a RMA?? i did not do ****, i just followed the information on the motherboard cd...and now black screen. well shi** lol, this sucks

Maybe try leaving the battery out overnight or something, worth a try. Also, recheck all your wiring, on my first build I didnt have everything connected correctly and I thought something was messed up. Not saying that's the case here necessarily, but it's worth checking if nothing is coming up obviously..

get in your manual and follow the instructions to clear cmos
contact customer support maybe theyll send you a new bios chip

hey Cappy, he said he tried clearing the CMOS following the manual.

I Believe this is an RMA case, I wish you good luck lol. and btw, make a VERY VERY tiny mark on the mobo [somewhere that only you will know to identify it] incase you are going to RMA it, just so there won't be a chance you won't recognize the motherboard if they decide it was not their problem and mail you the same one again.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom