WTF Tearing on a 8800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
I've got some tearing issues in every game I play (Source/Dawn of War/ETC...) and if I turn on V-Sync W/ Triple Buffering goes away but I'm capped at 60FPS because I'm using a Westinghouse 19'' LCD 8ms. WTF GIVES?!

vsync is what fixes it and vsync will cap at around your refresh rate. what's the problem? you can't see any more frames per second than your refresh rate. just because Fraps or software reports far higher frame rates does not mean you are viewing at that rate on your monitor. that is just the number of frames rendered not necessarily what is output on the screen.

It will cap at the refresh rate and V-Sync also likes to then drop it down to half of your max and stay there sometimes. My 75htz monitor drops to about 38 FPS when playing Titan Quest and CoD2 with V-sync on.

I Like V-Sync but I turn it off for the games that do this as it's a weird problem becuase I would still get 38 FPS with the lowest settings in games...only in certain areas of the map.

Could always be drivers or something I dunno but just turn off the V-Sync option and it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom