Would you get another AGP board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exi

Baseband Member
Okay, so this is my latest computer problem (if you have any input on this, I'm all ears). If that turns out to be the case, obviously I need new hardware. I wanted to go AMD for some time now, so I'd be going with an A64, 3000+ or better. And that, of course, means I'll need an s939 motherboard since I don't feel like snipping off 461 pins to fit the A64 into my s478 P4 board.

And that means I'm now faced with the option of getting a PCI-e motherboard. I have a Sapphire 9800 pro 128mb as it is, so getting an nf3-based s939 and an Athie 3xxx+ would only run me about $200. Personally, though, I hate the thought of going with hardware that's since been replaced - specifically, getting an AGP board when PCI-Express seems to be the way of the future.

Any thoughts?

well its gonna save u about 150$ or more since ull need a new mobo so its up to u.but if u wanna play newer games like fear and aoe3 and stuff like that ur ognna need a 6800gt or more. so i say its time to upgrade but if u havent the money u can get another agp card that will do the trick for a while

hey man, i just bought a new mobo with agp slot, and a 9800 pro. and when time comes, i can upgrdae to a x850xt pe agp or 6800GT. probably in the next year or so i will have to upgrade to pcie. but you should save and buy pcie. but if you are pinching pennies then just buy a nF3 board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom