Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhcp

Banned
My mobo likes to crash my computer when I set the RAM voltage higher than 1.8V, because it was using 101% of my maximum PSU output, and I'm to lazy to buy a new PSU in the next 3 months(but not new ram), so I was thinking; lower most fan speeds by 10-20%, and disconnect any unnessecary devices, and underclock my CPU a bit (my comp shows absolutely no difference from 2.5GHz to 3.2GHz), and that might lower my voltage enough to get my new ram up to required voltage?

go strip an old computer for its psu, and use that to run your hard drives, disk drives, fans, ect. Thats what I used to do when i had my 300 watt psu haha.

My mobo likes to crash my computer when I set the RAM voltage higher than 1.8V, because it was using 101% of my maximum PSU output, and I'm to lazy to buy a new PSU in the next 3 months(but not new ram), so I was thinking; lower most fan speeds by 10-20%, and disconnect any unnessecary devices, and underclock my CPU a bit (my comp shows absolutely no difference from 2.5GHz to 3.2GHz), and that might lower my voltage enough to get my new ram up to required voltage?

So wait, your sole excuse is your too lazy to buy a new psu, but you fine spending the time to disconnect half the stuff in your computer?

Also fans don't draw jack in terms of power. Slowing them down 10-20 percent isn't going to net you any gains, especially because to slow them down you basically using a fan controller which reduces the voltage reaching them but converting the excess into heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom