Would upgrading my ram from 1 gig to 2 make a large difference in this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, in that case, there's probably something wrong. 7800 GT is plenty beefy and should be getting more than that in those games. What resolution are you playing them at?

Hmm... Tough. Try dropping your AA and AF. If framerates shoot up with them off and the game doesn't look like crap, you could probably learn to live without them.

with pagefile off your telling me that wont increase significaly more framerates?

even if framerates are not totally increased the stability of framerates and game performance would be increased. i think it would be worth it.

There will be a small performance boost, but you will most likely not notice much of a change in games themselves. For me the upgrade really let me run a lot more programs at the same time. For example, at the last lan we had, which had about 110 ppl attend, I was running my rig as a bf2 server, a cs server, and i was playing single player cod2 at the same time.

SO in conclusion, you will get a performance boost, but i can pretty much guarentee that you wont see much improvement in gaming.

do you think it would be worth it?

future games might use alot of ram so having 2gbs might help you in the future

I paid 160 for my 2gigs of ocz gold gx,

and in my opinion i felt that my purchase was well worth it. However unless your a savage multitasker it pretty much isnt necessary.

i.e ill be running something like 6 windows of firefox, cod2, trillian, itunes, speedfan, everest, motherboard monitor, all while im fragging in cod2 and it just thrashes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom