Would a P4 3.2GHz bottleneck with a 7900GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
I believe he's talking about the page file or just pulling data from the hard drive into your memory in general...in which case he's right considering hard drive bandwidth is probably limited to about 70mb/sec on most average 7200RPM drives, comparing to 6400mb/sec memory bandwidth

wow. I thought that was common knowledge and didn't have to explain it like gaara did. I guess for now on i'll have to list every last detail with bullets and put things into a neat little outline.

gaara may feel like teaching you guys, But I certainly don't.

Green Radience said:
And not the software either. You've got do back up your stuff like Gaara did, man.

Back my stuff up. I'm talking about common knowledge here. Not some uber technical jargon.

Here some back up:
http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/1910p222id57967.htm

how do we know that video card will bottleneck processor ? I'm using P 3.2 GHZ HT with ATI X700 256MB, will it bottleneck ?

SpringNite said:
how do we know that video card will bottleneck processor ? I'm using P 3.2 GHZ HT with ATI X700 256MB, will it bottleneck ?

Pre Apoligies to all Moderators:

OMFG!!!! READ THE FREAKIN' REPLIES TO THIS THREAD.

I hate when people don't read the replies and just post the same stupid things that were just asked and answered. Stop wasting bandwidth!!!

HAVOC2k5 said:
Pre Apoligies to all Moderators:

OMFG!!!! READ THE FREAKIN' REPLIES TO THIS THREAD.

I hate when people don't read the replies and just post the same stupid things that were just asked and answered. Stop wasting bandwidth!!!

You just wasted bandwith with that post. Oh and I just wasted bandwith with this post. And anyone who replies is wasting bandwidth ;) soo shhh and sorry for the wasting of bandwidth.

NeedAcpu said:
You just wasted bandwith with that post. Oh and I just wasted bandwith with this post. And anyone who replies is wasting bandwidth ;) soo shhh and sorry for the wasting of bandwidth.

give havoc the benefit of the doubt. I mean, stupid questions get stupid answers.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
You're already hanging yourself dude... I'd tone it down fast. ;) I hope you know exatly what I'm saying.

Ryan

Rearrange the underlined letters to spell the secret word...

Like I said, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he was Flanker ... smart but short-fused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom