Would just like to confirm this will do me good

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeleryGoblin

Baseband Member
My last thread gave me lots of help, and now I'm ready to order, and would just like to clarify this will do good, I changed a few things from my last build. I'm buying all this stuff from iBUYPOWER, they seem to have pretty cheap prices. This is solely for gaming and the internet.

Games I plan to run:

Battlefield 2

F.E.A.R

Far Cry

And some more, but the others don't have such major requirements.

Raidmax Ninja-918 ATX Mid-tower Case w/450W Power Supply

Standard Case Power Supply

[939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 3800+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand More Options

[PCI]-Express 16x] Nvidia GeForce 7800 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

120 GB HARD DRIVES [S-ATA] Seagate 120 GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive

16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2

Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter

It all comes out to $1,516. That's without a monitor.

I changed some stuff around to lower the cost. I need some money to ensure a Ps3 if it turns out to be expensive:confused:.

Will the 450W PSU that comes with the case be sufficient? The
NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply is another option. is the NZXT worth the extra money?

Also, I heard that iBUYPOWER's LCD monitors aren't very good for gaming, is this true? If it is, does any one know of some places that sell good gaming LCD monitors?

no i would get a better psu but everything else looks good i think (only took a quick glance) what does that come to? and how much would you have for a psu?

Meh, the power supplies that come with the cases arent that great. If you have the money check out this psu. You could buy the one that comes with the case and then exchange them. I dont know much about the other ones on IBUYPOWER but one of them might be a good choice too.

You will be able to max out BF2 and Farcry with that system and probably get very close to maxing out fear

Yea everything in that setup is perfect for running all the games you need. The power supply isnt that bad either it should be fine.

Everything except the power supply looks good. Also, if you intend on playing FEAR, BF2, etc.. I recommend you get an X-fi XtremeMusic sound card.

Switch out the motherboard for a better quality DFI Lanparty SLI-DR or Ultra-D and get a better power supply and you should be good.

Cool, thanks for the info everyone.

I'm reading some things about LCD monitors, and poeple are talking about ghosting that occurs.

Would I be better off with a CRT?

Don't want my monitor to poop out on me within 4 years or so.:mad:

Another LCD choice is the ViewSonic 19" VX924 TFT LCD Monitor [Extreme Gaming; 3 ms; Silver/Black 2-Tone], is it worth the extra $90?

And regarding the PSU, I don't have the money at the moment, if I don't get a better one, will anything bad happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom