Would I need Vista 4 DX10 Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Nevermind

To your question, you would need Vista to play them at their highest capabilities. You should be able to play most of them on DX9, but with limited graphics (which is really the whole point of DX10).

gmanych said:
But if I get a 8800GTX and use it with XP cant I play DX10 games at DX10

If you get a 8800GTX and use it with XP, you will be stuck with DX9 until Microsoft feels generous and releases a version DX10 for XP (which will never happen). The hardware may be compatible with DX10, but if the software isn't then your SOL.

And XP will never get DX10 capabilities. It would require changes to the kernel of XP that cannot be simply slapped on. Maybe if they made a whole new OS named Windows XP 2 or Windows XP DX10-edition, but that kind of beats the purpose.

That would be a very stupid business decision!!! Vista is their latest and greatest. They are not gong to undercut Vista sales doing a retructure of the Hive in XP!!!!! Vista looks nice and has some very intereesting new feature (firewall uploand and download and network stuff) but is a memory hog. I just gone to 2 gigs of DDR2 800 so I'll be okay. The driver issue wiht Vista and DX10 are a big deal as well. I'm sticking with XP and my 7950 for quite awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom