Would 4gb of RAM be necessary..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
For mass audio rendering?
I personally don't know if audio rendering is based on the CPU's power, or the amount of RAM, or my sound card.

Since I'll be remastering and recording a lot, I don't know if 2gb of RAM will optimize my potential. That means I'll be exporting maybe 5 differant signals at once at maximum settings in .wav format.

I heard that Windows XP only recognizes 3gb at most of RAM, so should I just stick with another 1gb stick or get the 2 anyway for Vista, when I upgrade sometime.

Would I need the extra RAM?

i don't think so........... i think 2 gb is fine, assuming its not ram intensive....

the 32 bit OS's only recognize 3 gigs, the 64 bit Os's can use more than 3.
but i dont know about audio stuff.

it wouldn't hurt to get the extra RAM.

I would imagine audio rendering, not being RAM intensive, compared to graphics design and CAD, or video editing. So like the other said. 2GB of RAM will do you fine.

um.....um........question B1gapl.......if 2GB of RAM is fine n 3GB of RAM is fully supported, then how am i suppose to support dual channel?

reason i ask is because here is what RAM i have now:

Kingston: 1GB DDR 400 SDRAM
256mb DDR 333 SDRAM

MTVDD *not sure brand*: 128mb DDR 333 SDRAM
128mb DDR 333 SDRAM

keeps on saying single channel, dont know how to change it.

when i upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate, i will get 2 x 512mb DDR 400 SDRAM from Corsair off newegg.com. I wont upgrade until i get a job n money, then after that ill fully upgrade in early 2008.

when u answer, can u answer in separate sentences instead of one plz? Thx.

dual channel just means you have an even amount of ram sticks (in simple terms)
to have 3 gb in dual channel get 2x1gb sticks and 2x512 then youu will have 3 gb of ram in duel channel

dual channel just means you have an even amount of ram sticks (in simple terms)
to have 3 gb in dual channel get 2x1gb sticks and 2x512 then youu will have 3 gb of ram in duel channel

what about brand, DDR MHz? Does it have to be same brand n DDR MHz for it to work?

hmm looks like im gonna have to get another 1GB then. I could replace the 2 x 512mb DDR 400 i was planning on getting :). Thx fade2black2004!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom