is it worth while to upgrade videocard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1threat

Baseband Member
I would like to know if it would be worthwhile to upgrade my video card. I only use the computer for gaming and internet surfing, so no real need for me to upgrade processor/mobo/ram

My current system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor (running 2,612.2MHZ, Multiplier is 13, and bus speed is 200)
ASUS M2N-SNL Deluxe Mobo
2.0GB Ram
10,000RPM Raptor Drive

Current Video Card is 8800GTS 640 MB version #29 on graphics card rankings thread (Graphics card Rankings - Computer Forums)

I would like to stick to Geforce (always been a fan), and preferably a single video card (non SLI). I would really like to upgrade just the video card if possible. Money is a little tight, so i would like to keep it under $250. Will my computer be able to utilize the GTX260, or should i stick with something like the 9800?

Thanks for your help

is it worth while to get the overclocked GTX260 216 core? Or is that basically the same as using a program like EVGA tune?

core216 is a bit different then a regular gtx260. Its better to get the c216 since it has 216 stream processors compared to the regulars 192 IIRC. You can't unlock those with a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom