Is It Worth The Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
I'm in the process of building a new rig, but i am wondering if it is worth waiting for the release of DirectX 10 to buy a graphics card, and also is it worth the wait for quadcore CPUs to choose a CPU and Motherboard?

Thanks

~Shando

The quadcore Conroes are going to be Xtreme editions, so they're going to be very expensive when they come out, also you could just get a geforce 7600gt to use until the Dx10 cards come out.

Low end $300 usd, up to $600 usd I guess. Not sure how much they would cost in the EU.

Ok thanks. I think I'll wait for DX10 before I buy a card. The Vista release is still set for January right?

It would probably be best to wait for DX10 (scheduled apparently for Jan. '07), though i wouldn't doubt the high end cards of right now (7900GTX, X1900XTX) will get DX10 support via drivers in the future. For the record, i have no idea when these quad-core CPU's are supposed to come out.

I would wait until DirectX10 is released!!
The QuadCore CPUs are planned for release in first quarter of 2007 from INtel and in middle of 2007 by AMD

Those quad core cpus r gonna be so expensive, the e6600 version of the kentsfield will probably be around $800-$1200 not worth it one bit in my book. I would just get like a e6600/x2 5000+ and 7600gt/7900gt. That will hold you off until dx10.

Well, my theory is, that with the release of quad core comes a price drop for dual core. I am in no way interested in buying a quad core CPU just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom