Is it worth upgrading this PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Hey all, im never one to be on the top of all the latest tech but i do like my video games so this can tend to be a problem.

Anyways, ,my comp as it stand runs msot games well (Counter strike source, Battle for middle earth 2, Age of empires 3, fear online)

But im looking to future things such as command and conquer 3, unreal tournament 2007 and a few others.

Now this is my comp

Intel pentium 4, 3.0ghz
Asus P5LD2
1 gig DDR2 (duel channel 512)
6600gt MSI

Now will an upgrade to say a 7900 and a gig of ram be enough to give me the options of playing these games to come?? Also is it worth getting a duel core CPU?

is this 478 or lga socket because if its lga you have more upgrade options.

is that pci-e or apg if pci-e you have alot of upgrade options,if you have apg and want to play those games look at a new computer.

It has to be socket LGA775, because he has DDR2 ram. It is worth getting a dual core. Soon it will become the standard, as well as for gaming.

Lonewolf5460 said:
is this 478 or lga socket because if its lga you have more upgrade options.

is that pci-e or apg if pci-e you have alot of upgrade options,if you have apg and want to play those games look at a new computer.

It has both LGA-775 and PCI express

then if you can afford it a 8800gts or gtx and a dual core cpu like the pentium d series or if your mobo supports it core 2 duo whatever model u can afford.
U will most likely need to upgrade your power supply too.

you dont need to go that high.. get sometinhg like a 79 or a 78 series .............. do you plan on going on to vista?

Theyoyokid303 said:
you dont need to go that high.. get sometinhg like a 79 or a 78 series .............. do you plan on going on to vista?
At some point maybe, im not gonna go out of my way to "pay" for it though.

Also i dont think my mobo will support the new Duo, becouse im CPU z it has my chipset as 945G/GZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom