is it worth getting the Zalman VF900

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah I saw a guy put a cnps9500 on his GPU.

He had to cut life half of it out though and it ended up being a triple slot cooler :p

I can prolly find a way of fitting my old Volcano11 copper HSF on it. I dont use any cards except occationaly a wireless card so i dont really care. Looks dosent matter to me, only performance.

after looking at the diffeent brands, I'm now leaning towards the XFX Extreme Edition, since it tends to clock higher (it also comes stock overclocked)
cost is AU$445 instead of AU$420

Oh yes, I have the XFX extreme edition, 520/ something Like I really care. Though again I would recommend the 900, cause it idles for me at 50-55C, full load usually comes close to 70C, sometimes passes it.

Then again I bought a VF700-CU, it's sitting on my desk cause I cannot take off the screws on the back of the card, I can only get one off LOL. :)

PZEROFGH said:
Then again I bought a VF700-CU, it's sitting on my desk cause I cannot take off the screws on the back of the card, I can only get one off LOL. :) [/B]

Huh? you can only get one off??? did you strip the rest out? if you did... get some super glue and glue another screw on it... you lose both that way but since your going to put on an aftermarket, then who cares..

(or you can just give the 700 to me, since your not using it! :D )

520 / 750

anyway, I'll probabbly be getting the VF900-Cu LED anyway. I will be overclocking the thing as far as I can, whatever I get. I'll maybe even do a volt mod.

If you want to OC as far as you can then i wouldnt recomend an XFX since it is OCed already. I was told they do that pre OCed thing to the ones that dont have as much headroom. Not sure if thats true anymore but it could be.

Huh? you can only get one off??? did you strip the rest out? if you did... get some super glue and glue another screw on it... you lose both that way but since your going to put on an aftermarket, then who cares..

(or you can just give the 700 to me, since your not using it! :D )

The stock heatsink is still on, I cannot get it off lol. I can get 1 out of th 4 lol, the rest are just stuck!!

Actualy ive come across some stubborn screws before myself. Like one in an old Volcano5 i was putting on a video card. Also the screws on the DVD drive of the PS2. THey are hard to get out if you dont have the propper screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom