worth getting a e8500 or just e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin90

Daemon Poster
so what im wanting to do is get a e8500 or e8400

what im wanting to do is run 1:1 w/ my ram and on both processors i would be lowering the multi to 8 to get 8*533 ~4.26
so question is is it worth getting a e8500 to do this or jsut stickin with a e8400, also to get a e8400 i would got to microcenter and make sure i get a e0 and a decent batch number

I dunno. IMO if you're just going to lower the multi to 8 and go 8*533 then why not just stick with the e8400?

You can find some nice E8400's that clock just as well as E8500. I'm looking at E8600's but for guaranteed E0 and 10x I don't know if its worth the extra $$$. You could search around for proven overclockers or take the chance and buy at microcenter. Just have the guy pick out an E0

oh yea i got some batch codes over in the oc forum, and im lookin at every box they have in the case if i get it from microcenter lol, ya im pretty set on gettin a e8400 and savin the money, just gotta get my current hardware sold

i dont reckon its worth the cash, is you get a e0 stepping, then those chips are probably almost the same except the 500 is clicked higher.

The only problem with E8400s (which makes me EXTREMELY ANGRY) is that you cant trust anything program for temperatures. Everything will give u a drifferent reading, wont go under a certain temp... its so messed up. I wish I could get a different CPU that works right witht hat stuff. I EASILY can get mine to 3.8ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom