Is this worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
I came across a guy on craigslist who was offering to sell his new Dell XPS M170 with the following specs (he was selling it fo r $2500 CDN)

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 (2 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm

Video Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 Ultra Graphics
LCD Panel 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™Hard Drive 100GB Hard Drive 100GB 5400RPM
Wireless Personal Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)

CD ROM/DVD ROM 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability 8XDVDRW

Network Card Integrated 1 Gigabit Network Card and Modem

Carrying Cases XPS M170 Backpack BACKPACK
Hardware Support Services 1 Yr Return to Depot Service with 1 Yr Complete Care and 1 Yr Tech Support

--
Now, hes asking for the following.

EVERYTHING IN MY SIG + a PSP(includes 1gb stick, 2 games ,and a logitech case) + 500 cash CANADIAN

Anyone think thi sis a good deal? I think its a horrid deal.

I wouldnt do it.
Just upgrade your graphics card and you can smash his Dell.
Also, just use your PSP for mobile gaming, thats what I do, I have a 64MB R-9000 in my Inspiron 600m, not for gaming, so do what I did and keep the PSP.
Besides, its cheaper.

The CPU on the DELL doesn't preforme the same as a 2GHz P4 desktop. It's runs better. Personally it's not a horrible deal, but I like desktops more. Also if you game with a laptop it usually get destroyed after a while because the constant pressure on the keyboard putting stress on the components inside.

thats a hard *** deal to beat. I dont care for PSPs cept for the WIFI and i would rather have a laptop besides a desktop. BUT its up to whether which one you like better.

I think thats a horrible deal. Why do you think he offers that? He gets a psp, some games, cash, and a pretty decent pc with a good keyboard, mouse, and monitor. And you get a laptop. I dont even know how people can game on laptops.

Because you can hook up a mouse at a LAN party and not have to lug a PC w/ you. Not saying thats why he wants one but thats why I want one. I would gladly trade my PC for a decent laptop.

if you need a laptop, go for it! your rig + psp is not worth $2000 (maybe it was when you first bought it...) if the laptop is really heavy and horrible on battery life, well then there might not be that much of an advantage to having that laptop... but still...

Good Deal.

I think of it this way. Anywhere i would game /w a laptop i would game w/ a pc so i could always bring the adapter. And ive NEVER used a laptop for more then an hour w/out having an outlet around. And Needacpu if you got a Laptop to trade then check out the buy forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom