worried... first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
My friend told me that nearly 100% of the time, a first build messes up and fries something. I'm worried because I've got some pretty expensive parts(7800 gt, x2 4400). Is it true?

its true if you don't take the right precautions... for ex, don't wear socks because that decreases your static, don't build on carpet, and don't touch the bottom of the CPU. wear an anti-static wristband if you've got one.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
wear an anti-static wristband if you've got one.

wait is that like a livstrong or somthing??...Or is it specifically a Anti-static wristband??....oh and and to add on to your list dont go near ur computer with Magnets...I did that once....ouchh..

It would take something like an industrial grade magnet to hurt anything in your computer.

I'd leave my friend at home if I were you while you are doing this, and ignore all his comments, because it sounds like he's probably fried something. Don't worry so much about it, it's not as bad as he says.

just be careful when you're putting things together. As long as you got a good power supply and keep yourself grounded during installation, you should be fine. Use common sense and don't force things that are fragile (CPU pins).

Ryan

lmao my first build i did everything wrong, for ex woar socks built on carpet, no static wristband, and everything went fine, but after i knew everything i fried my video card by dropping a screwdriver on it

RepuLse said:
lmao my first build i did everything wrong, for ex woar socks built on carpet, no static wristband, and everything went fine, but after i knew everything i fried my video card by dropping a screwdriver on it

ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom