Working on a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

lafguy81

In Runtime
First off I LOVE this forum and all the great posters who really help others out thanks so much it is greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: Asus P5k Deluxe Intel P35

I was going to get Asus DW Deluxe with a Quad Core CPU. Then I saw on this forum about the P35 chipsets that will support 45 mm cpu's as well this is a smarter way to go today and future.

Memory:

I'm going alittle overkill here but, I want (8GB 4x2gb) I will be doing video editing etc so more ram the better.

CPU:

Quad Core 2.4 now 45mm later

Video Card

Now: Not sure

Later: (9800 card coming out Nov/Dec 07)

Sata II

(If I dual boot with 1 Sata II drive) 750 GB Xp and Vista Ult
(If I dual boot hot swap) XP 320 GB Vista 500 GB
(If I go Vista Ult only) 500 GB

Storage

If I go 3 int sata II route (750 or 1000 GB)(Overkill but, its my goal)

If I go Hot swap for storage I'll go with this.

CSE-M35T-1B SATA Mobile Rack, Black
Supermicro's CSE-M35T1B Mobile Rack Series offers the cutting edge technology with greater flexibility. The CSE-M35T1B supports five Serial ATA hot-swappable hard drives that yield a paralleled storage capacity without compromising productivity by eliminating possible system downtime.

Specifications:

Primary Information
Manufacturer SUPERMICRO COMPUTER
Cabinet Type Hard drive hot-plug cage
Expansion Bays 5 x hot-swap - 3.5" x 1/3H
Compatible Bays 3 x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
Occupancy 3 x 5.25" Drive Bays
Capacity 5 x 1" Host Receptacle Connector, Hot-swap SATA Hard Drives
Fans 1 x 90mm Exhaust Fan

Not sure how many Sata II slots this uses off motherboard though. Don't need storage drives til later.

DVD RW: Plextor or Sony
Sound Card: Fatality because it was only soundcard that used a front bay
Floppy:SILVERSTONE, FP34 Black Internal 26-in-1 Card Reader/Writer Drive, 3.5" Bay, USB, Aluminium

Case: Lian Li PC75B (have this case needed 6 bays)
PS: THERMALTAKE, Toughpower 750W Power Supply w/ Modularized Cable Management, 24-pin ATX12V EPS12V, Quad +12V, SLI Ready / CrossFire Certified

First off I LOVE this forum and all the great posters who really help others out thanks so much it is greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: Giga-byte or Asus P5k Deluxe Intel P35

I was going to get Asus DW Deluxe with a Quad Core CPU. Then I saw on this forum about the P35 chipsets that will support 45 mm cpu's as well this is a smarter way to go today and future.
k good choice
Memory:

I'm going alittle overkill here but, I want (8GB 4x2gb) I will be doing video editing etc so more ram the better.
even if you are doing massive video editing you wont need more than 6
8 and above is purely for servers
[/quote]
CPU:

Quad Core 2.4 now 45mm later
so the q6600, good choice

Video Card

Now: Not sure

Later: (9800 card coming out Nov/Dec 07)
hmm are you gaming?
then wait for the 9800 and buy one of those
if not then you probably should go for a workstation card and im not a big expert on those

DVD RW: Plextor or Sony
any will work, get a SATA
Sound Card: Fatality because it was only soundcard that used a front bay
i'd stick with onboard unless ur an ultra series gamer or an audio writer/editor

and sry i dont know much about dual boot OS and storage

Get 8800GTS 320MB

And get WD 750GB hard drive because they are currently the fastest 7200RPM hard drive

Yes I think it is better than 2x320GB

WD 750GB performance is on par with 150GB Raptor and it have more storage than 2x320GB

And if you don't, WD 750GB is one of the fastest 7200RPM hard drives available

Yes I think it is better than 2x320GB

WD 750GB performance is on par with 150GB Raptor and it have more storage than 2x320GB

And if you don't, WD 750GB the fastest 7200RPM hard drive

yes... there are anandtech benchmark showing it.... lemme look for it...

I might suggest the p35-ds3r board from gigabyte unless you really need the crossfire and/or onboard wi-fi of the p5k.

somehow i really doubt that WD has the fastest 7200RPM hard drive.... I thought it was seagate o_O

but its the ultimate q6600 overclocker!!!!

i second that the asus p5k deluxe IS the best board to date for overclocking a quad, i've got mine currently at 3.9ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom