Woot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferris

Banned
Woot, ordered my parts and case last night thanks for the help from everyone.

Hopefully everything will get here before Christmas.

I am going with a...

Bold is what I have now.

Sunbeam Trio Black Case with side window,

OCZ 520W Modstream

DFI Lanparty UT 915P-T12

X850 XT PE 256MB

2x 1GB sticks of OCZ DDR400 Dual Channel Platinum

Pentium 4 3.4 Ghz Prescott D

Western Digital 400 GB HDD

Western Digital 232 GB HDD

and a few other things soon to be added by myself.

ferris said:
X850 XT PE 256MB
Why did you get this???? You could of got a 7800GT which is much better or at least get a X1800 XL if you must get an ATI card. Don't buy yesterdays technology.

yes, you are wasting your money on an X850. it doesn't have PS 3.0, which the Unreal3 engine will need to get good performance.

plus, the 7800 GT performs much better for a similar price.

Re: Re: Woot

weringo said:
Why did you get this???? You could of got a 7800GT which is much better or at least get a X1800 XL if you must get an ATI card. Don't buy yesterdays technology.
looks like he bought it some time ago

Well, if he bought it in the last 4 months, he got totally ripped off. The 7800GT wipes the floor with the X850XT and the graphics look much better and shiner because of Shader Model 3.0. If you are going to go ATI, at least get the X1800XL. Everybody knows that while the X8** series was better than ATI's previous 9800 Pro series, it was a total failure against even the 6800 series. Against the 7800 series your card is mighty puny.

think he looked at what windows said. i think its probably a 250gb hd but windows sees 1024mb = 1gb and hd companies think 1000mb = 1 gb. so you get less gb than you think.

232GB is the real starting out memory with Windows installed and all my other components.

Running said:
think he looked at what windows said. i think its probably a 250gb hd but windows sees 1024mb = 1gb and hd companies think 1000mb = 1 gb. so you get less gb than you think.

wouldn't that mean he has 244GB?

Windows see's my diamondmax 10's harddrive as 237gb when its really 250gb. I BLAME SATA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom