WOOHOO! My case came! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Not my favorite case, but as long as you like it that's all that matters.
__________________

__________________
toxicity_27 is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dani California
Posts: 123
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
/shrugs, the entire front is plastic. and that's way too much in my book.
It's a very durable plastic, I accidentally stepped on it, in a place where most cases would break into peices, and it didn't do a thing, extremely strong front magent has 10-20 pounds of force , hard to pull the first time I opened it.
__________________

rhcp is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcp View Post
It's a very durable plastic, I accidentally stepped on it, in a place where most cases would break into pieces, and it didn't do a thing, extremely strong front magnet has 10-20 pounds of force , hard to pull the first time I opened it.
Well, the front of my case is made almost entirely from Aluminum. Which I can guarantee is a lot more durable then your plastic.

Also, I don't think your magnet requires 20 lb's of force...
__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dani California
Posts: 123
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Well, the front of my case is made almost entirely from Aluminum. Which I can guarantee is a lot more durable then your plastic.

Also, I don't think your magnet requires 20 lb's of force...
Calm down, not everybody has $5K to spend on a case, and this is my first windowed/door case. Don't complain.
rhcp is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcp View Post
Calm down, not everybody has $5K to spend on a case, and this is my first windowed/door case. Don't complain.
I only paid $155 for my case... Not like it cost me a fortune or anything.

I can't say I ever complained about anything, just corrected you on a few key points and expressed my lack of adoration for your case.
__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dani California
Posts: 123
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
I only paid $155 for my case... Not like it cost me a fortune or anything.

I can't say I ever complained about anything, just corrected you on a few key points and expressed my lack of adoration for your case.
You can't say because that would be hipocracy, but I can say you did. $155 is a lot for a case. Now I couldn't say -in my opinion- that any case more than $100 has any features that are worth the extra $80.
rhcp is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcp View Post
Now I couldn't say -in my opinion- that any case more than $100 has any features that are worth the extra $80.
Evidently, because you haven't owned a case that cost more than that, you don't know the features they offer.

I had a case like yours, used it for a year then upgraded a My First Gigabyte Aurora. 2 Years later, my brother inherited it, and I'm using the Gigabyte Aurora 570. Chances are both these cases will be in service for at least another 4 years.

4 years from now, we'll see what kind of shape your case is in.
__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 04-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

You'll come to appreciate spending more on a case than you would want to. it's definitely worth it. I spent $150 on my Armor, I absolutely hate the case now, but it still is in perfect shape after 2 years of abuse. I only hate it because I've grown out of the way that it looks, other than that it functions the exact same as when it was brand new.
__________________
toxicity_27 is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dani California
Posts: 123
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Evidently, because you haven't owned a case that cost more than that, you don't know the features they offer.

I had a case like yours, used it for a year then upgraded a My First Gigabyte Aurora. 2 Years later, my brother inherited it, and I'm using the Gigabyte Aurora 570. Chances are both these cases will be in service for at least another 4 years.

4 years from now, we'll see what kind of shape your case is in.
Can you like, leave me alone? I have had this computer for 1 year. I'm not upgrading my case every 2 months like you.
rhcp is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
Default Re: WOOHOO! My case came!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.comptech View Post
Evidently, because you haven't owned a case that cost more than that, you don't know the features they offer.

I had a case like yours, used it for a year then upgraded a My First Gigabyte Aurora. 2 Years later, my brother inherited it, and I'm using the Gigabyte Aurora 570. Chances are both these cases will be in service for at least another 4 years.

4 years from now, we'll see what kind of shape your case is in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcp View Post
Can you like, leave me alone? I have had this computer for 1 year. I'm not upgrading my case every 2 months like you.



And my input is, your case is ugly. To much plastic, along with a numerous amount of other horrible things.
You also spent 70$ on it, (The egg says it is 70$).
There are much better cases for the price.
Aspire has a point, and you are just acting childish.

/facepalm yourself

Keep building, enjoy yourself also.
__________________

MTFBWY is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Cooling Guide SirCyber Overclocking and Modding 5 01-03-2008 12:58 PM
Almost final computer build needs reviewing + case suggestions Shinzen New Systems | Building and Buying 8 10-12-2007 05:57 AM
computer only works with case sideways? crazy8jacky Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 3 07-28-2007 12:18 PM
Case mod project: Wc pump/rad housing case schulz269 Overclocking and Modding 18 04-15-2007 02:00 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.